Author Topic: Poverty in Birmingham.  (Read 990 times)

brian54

Poverty in Birmingham.
« on: Dec 29, 2019, 05:18:08 AM »
Birmingham residents keep on telling me I am the only resident who does not have £5,000,000.00 invested.
Obviously there is something wrong because people are begging for money from poor people like me who has nothing like £5,000,000.00.
They keep on saying there are homeless people. Obviously they are homeless because they want to be. I am not homeless.

GrannyMac

Re: Poverty in Birmingham.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2019, 08:07:24 AM »
The voices.....
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
To think, Birmingham used to be respectable.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2019, 12:53:46 PM »
Give it a rest Brian !  ::)

Ode Iron

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2019, 05:11:27 PM »
Hello Brian..i am glad you think of this site as a place of refuge..whilst you are on here..you are leaving the world alone...i sometimes enjoy your 'Walter Mittys'...but as a 100% genuine struggler - i find your posts hurtful...i think it is about time the Moderators clipped your wings.
Masks are muzzles

StephenM123

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »
I tend to agree Ode Iron. As someone who paid into pension schemes for weil over four decades to end up with very little because of the actions of IFAs, insurance companies and crooked MDs/CEOs Brian's comments on pensions just wind me up!

Ode Iron

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2019, 10:32:52 PM »
Thanks Stephen..on another thread Ron opened up about the difficulties of his Christmas Day..a most moving post and showing absolute devotion to his Wife...old 'Beggar Bashing Brian'..rides roughshod over the feeling of the site at that time- with his rudeness...i think Brian ..you should answer my remarks...and God help you..you end up in the health and finance troubles we have. I certainly will not drop to base and crassness towards others- more or less fortunate than me!
Peace to all in 2020.
Ode xx
Masks are muzzles

prestbury

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2019, 12:44:08 AM »
With some of these posts I often wonder whether Birmingham is a parallel universe.

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2019, 07:56:03 AM »
I missed that response Ode but have now seen it. Beyond me how Brian felt it appropriate. We struggled to keep Mum out of a home but increasing frailty and unreliable carers (mainly management issues) meant we lost the battle. It's difficult when you are between a rock and a hard place!

digitalis

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »
I sometimes watch Invisible People on You Tube...some former homeless guy interviews other homeless on being homeless and how they came to be so. Some educated men and women out there.Some,many,with bad luck. When last out in US some 20+ years ago,saw some of the beginnings of it. Now it appears an epidemic. People living in cars,in trucks,on the sidewalk,in tents,in supermarket parking lots. Lottsa people now about the city I live. See,hear about it in Germany!,France… I am trying to stitch together how/why its comeabout. De industrialization? Some towns and regions on their knees. Meanwhile some doing especially well. Maybe some of the developed world to become how India and the Phillipinnes are/were with their mass poverty ghettos.

And aall the above is what I can see. There must be hidden poverty behind closed doors. So destroying.

And the solution?

digitalis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »
One more example of hows peoples hard earned dosh is being taken
                                                                                                  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7835245/Thousands-lost-nest-eggs-savings-scams-sanctioned-HMRC-decade-long-loophole.html#comments

Oops-a-daisy,look-c its our Tony somewhere in the story. Great smile,man.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2020, 07:30:38 PM »
I tend to agree Ode Iron. As someone who paid into pension schemes for weil over four decades to end up with very little because of the actions of IFAs, insurance companies and crooked MDs/CEOs Brian's comments on pensions just wind me up!

In Brian's defence if you had worked for the government and had a non contributory pension after 40 years - no one would have taken or manipulated it.
So much for pensions in industry.

Goingtoseed

« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2020, 07:34:00 PM »
One more example of hows peoples hard earned dosh is being taken
                                                                                                  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7835245/Thousands-lost-nest-eggs-savings-scams-sanctioned-HMRC-decade-long-loophole.html#comments

Oops-a-daisy,look-c its our Tony somewhere in the story. Great smile,man.

But let's be honest over this - the only people to blame for these losses are the ones being greedy enough to want transfer that pension pot to make more money!
All down to greed and as the saying goes that if something looks to be too good to be true that there is your answer.
I have no sympathy for chancers wanting to gamble their money away.

Ashy

« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »
And the solution?

Change the definition of poverty.

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2020, 11:48:47 PM »

All down to greed and as the saying goes that if something looks to be too good to be true that there is your answer.

It would have looked too good to be true if HMRC hadn't given these schemes their inferred seal of approval via the HMRC registration scheme, which even fooled the existing pension providers into transferring the funds.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)