Author Topic: Energy Suppliers.  (Read 2008 times)

Dayjo

Re: Energy Suppliers.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:24:54 PM »
Thought it was worth a mention, Phil......
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:41:39 AM »
Thought it was worth a mention, Phil......

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your reply but we felt it wasn't worth changing to Avro just to save £40 per year & have to read the meters & lose the variable DD facility.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2020, 06:39:52 PM »
Thanks.

Apparently they've been taken over by Octopus Energy & their quote is about £80 per year less than we're paying now.

Just came across the latest figures and Octopus are way ahead of everybody on every measure of customer satisfaction surveys...(There really should be a 'smug' emoji here.. ;) )
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »
How many energy suppliers customer services have you ever contacted though? In my case it's a pretty round figure...

I just make my choice based on price although I won't take a risk on really small providers just in case.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2020, 08:56:35 PM »
Actually K, in this case I was given to Octopus by Co-Op Energy so did nothing but I did get a nice e-mail from them.  ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2022, 01:48:32 PM »
I was reading earlier that the US are approaching Qatar for LNG supplies to Europe. LNG for those who don't know is liquified gas & is shipped by mega specialized ships from A to B. America was doing it for Europe under Trumps tenure & I think it still happens under Biden's Presidency.
A few years back there were plans afoot for an American backed pipeline to go from Qatar, through Syria, transiting Turkey & onto Europe. Those plans got thwarted because Assad refused to allow the pipeline to transit Syria (then came the war). It was believed that Putin was behind the blocking of that pipeline because it would weaken Russias own supply revenues. Syria being an ally of Russia, it was probably easy for Assad to be persuaded.

Todays article then went onto say that Australia is also looking at supplying Europe with LNG.

So my point is, where does any of those actions reduce the cost for the end user(s)..........ie ME?
Mega ships crossing oceans v a pipeline under the sea.

I’m a real he/him.

Reen

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2022, 04:44:24 PM »
I moved house in September and ended up changing suppliers. With the old one I was paying by DD
but at the new house it was a different supplier and there were prepayment meters, as things were with the move it was much easier and quicker to just go with the new supplier and keep the meters as they were - and I've found I actually prefer the prepayment method. I can see at a glance what I'm using and paying and I'm saving about £80 per month.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get someone else to do today. :)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2022, 06:13:23 PM »
Well done
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2022, 08:08:05 AM »
I moved house in September and ended up changing suppliers. With the old one I was paying by DD
but at the new house it was a different supplier and there were prepayment meters, as things were with the move it was much easier and quicker to just go with the new supplier and keep the meters as they were - and I've found I actually prefer the prepayment method. I can see at a glance what I'm using and paying and I'm saving about £80 per month.

Unusual, the costs for using prepayment meters are reported as always higher.  You can see at a glance with smart meters too.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2022, 04:27:57 PM »

'Saving' 80 quid a month? I pay less than that in total for leccy and gas and am well in credit.. Were you living in a barn?  ;D ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Reen

« Reply #25 on: Jan 27, 2022, 06:07:13 PM »
The issue with my old energy costs came about because at my old house I had night storage radiators which were totally useless. They gave out little heat and by evening there was nothing left, so I was having to use plug in heaters to compensate.

My meter was a 2 rate one - day and night and the night rate was cheaper - 'however' because of the lower night rate, the day rate was 'higher' so if you are using electric plug in heaters your paying even more. Added to this was the fact that the night storage radiator in the living room broke down - and it was replaced with a different one that was 'not' connected to the night rate -so I had to pay day rate for it. The house was 'all' electric and I was paying £184 per month ! Now, for elect & gas combined, I'm actually saving £84 month.

The house was both drafty and damp - so I may as well have been living in a Barn  ;D
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get someone else to do today. :)