Author Topic: Mr Floyd  (Read 1400 times)

Jean

Mr Floyd
« on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
Does anyone know why this man was arrested in the first place? I cannot seem to find this out anywhere.  Just interested before he becomes a 'saint'

zoony

Re: Mr Floyd
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:21:27 PM »
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

David G

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:36:26 PM »
Jean. Mr Floyd was far from being a saint but a handcuffed man didn't deserve this kind of treatment while three other officers stood around and let it happen.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
Does anyone know why this man was arrested in the first place? I cannot seem to find this out anywhere.  Just interested before he becomes a 'saint'

He was a criminal with a long record of offending who moved to Minneapolis for a supposed fresh start but where he continued with his criminality.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2020, 06:07:44 AM »
No one should die suffocated by a knee....There are supposed to be courts of justice  ??? and he was not armed...and there were so many policemen around,....how many to one ?...Cangaroo court ? Bring the rope and hung them high... from a tree ?....only the clothes of the killers have changed, but the style operanding ?..... ??? gmx

ronyork

« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »
What abuse did the police suffer from this ex ?  addict  suffer threats to his family etc. was he a  looter? we do not know, I hope he receives support from Mr Trump, he probably received what he deserved. one can see another four years with Mr Trump hopefully, Law and order lets have some here.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »
Now it seems a Police Officer has been shot in the head. This is just madness.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-police-officer-shot-head/

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
Had it been A white bloke and a black cop, it would have had barely a mention in the British press.
I am fully expecting to read anytime now about its our racial prejudice that's to blame for a higher percentage of ethnics dying from Covid

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:48:36 AM »
I am concerned about the full circumstances surrounding this death. A full unbiased enquiry is needed sooner rather than later. However, the rioting is totally unacceptable.

Today already I have had an email and visited a website I am connected with. Both opened up with "Black Lives Matter". The sender of the email got tetchy when I replied "All Lives Matter"  which they do. Yes, let's address racism when it occurs but let's not go OTT. I feel my career was adversely affected by positive descrimination on more that one occasion. What is needed is equality and respect!

David G

« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »
Why do we need courts ?.
We could just have ronyork as judge jury and executioner, I like his impartiality and fairness and think of the money we could save the taxpayers.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »
All lives matter. Not that it helps anyone at this time but the facts suggest that many more white people are killed by police in America than blacks, who are not even the second largest group. Whites are also the largest group by number and per million killed in all homicides in the USA.

No matter how serious the evidence, we must presume innocence unless and until proven guilty beyond all doubt.

David G

« Reply #11 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:22:54 AM »
Psychos get pleasure from causing distress to there victims with personal contact , strangling etc.
Chauvin had every intention of causing as much distress as possible to Mr Floyd. I have other suspicions but I'm saying no more.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:30:05 AM »
I am fully expecting to read anytime now about its our racial prejudice that's to blame for a higher percentage of ethnics dying from Covid
That has already been mentioned on some TV program or other I half saw as a national disgrace.
So long and thanks for all the fish

ronyork

« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
David ,You like my impartiality, well that,s welcome news, As to save taxpayers money quite another subject, I would think food stamps as in America instead of cash (to buy cancer sticks, booze and the like) would  save money. I could think  of many ways to save money.

David G

« Reply #14 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »

So am I, I also expect compensation claims to be made, and I wouldn't pay a single one of them no ifs buts or maybe's to ANYBODY white, black or any other colour.