Author Topic: Blue Badge  (Read 215 times)

granny moss

Blue Badge
« on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:14:05 PM »
Hi! I put my Blue Badge in a safe place....and it is lost !!!!  I know is in the room, somewhere....but I have so much bundles of papers that need sorting....I thought I go on Line and just order a new Badge......After about two hours....I am taking a rest.....Even in The talk window I did not break through the repetition of inquestin questions....  I have now been told that my application has been received, but some more answers are needed from me...I have been given 28 days to provide the answers.....

My application has been received and I need to provide more to prove who I am..... The fact that this is a renewal has no validity ....I have to prove again who I am....The fact that in a few months I'll be 100 years old....and my condition is not going to improve....has no importance....

I almost gave up, but I need the Blue Badge for appointments with dentists and hospital...

I am taking a rest from all the hassle....I have 3 e.mails from the Council.....and they are keeping my incomplete application for 28 days... so I can tackle THEM again in a couple of days :D :D :D   never give up, gmx

Reen

Re: Blue Badge
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2022, 12:23:40 PM »

Sorry to hear your having problems about your badge GM - you never know, you may find your current badge before that 28 days is up.

I always thought a blue badge was fixed to a car window - like the tax disc is.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get someone else to do today. :)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2022, 01:04:56 PM »
no, it's loose so that it can follow the bearer from one vehicle to another if needs be.
Granny - persevere, and here's wishing you luck in your search
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2022, 08:36:27 PM »
It is an extraordinary amount of questions and IDs they ask.....I was more that two hours answering pages of it, and I have to send in a photo and a doctors certificate, and medicines I take, and how many paces I can walk without help..... 

I need the badge  because of the parking at the hospital......

Jenny, and I once, went to the park and ride and left her car there on the car park.....We were in waiting at the Hospital, for our call for 5 and half hours....Late at night, the last bus to the Park and Ride had left.  We had to call a taxi to take us to the bus Parking lot...It was closed and deserted but for the one car there....and the taxi cost £12......

Jenny managed to force the locked bar, and take us home....A real nightmare.... A blue badge for us is a must...gmx

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:29:26 PM »
One of my jobs when I worked at Social Services was the Blue Badge admin, I issued the Orange Badges first (remember those?) before the EU version.  It was quite simple then  (16 years ago), if you received DLA you automatically got one, otherwise you said what was wrong with you, how far you could walk and we got a GP report. 

OK there were many people who got one who shouldn't have, but I now have one myself, what a palava, like  GM says the questions.  In the old days when you came up for renewal you just stated that you hadn't improved and still suffered from the same disability and you got your badge, now  you have to start from scratch, and in my day if you lost your badge you just sent in £2 and got a replacement.

You have my sympathy GM, I do hope you manage to find your badge among the paperwork, I am just the same so much stuff piles up.

little bob

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:33:34 PM »
Granny if you contact The Blue Badge dept and ask for a phone appointment they will arrange it for you,they will give you a slot for an interview. :)

granny moss

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2022, 04:27:29 PM »
I am in contact with "Them" and found my old badge...Thanks ! gmx

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2022, 08:49:02 PM »
So glad you found your badge GM, hopefully it has some time to go before you need renewing.  I keep mine in my handbag as I don't go out without it.

StephenM123

« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2022, 07:14:30 PM »
A friend has a leg amputated at the height of the pandemic. Now he is back to relatively independent living he is going through all this palava. He isn't going to grow a new leg ever. Part of the problem is all the stupid applications. One person around here applied because he got Type II diabetes as a result of being obese!