Author Topic: Holocaust Memorial Day  (Read 114 times)

Alex22

Holocaust Memorial Day
« on: Jan 27, 2022, 02:23:41 PM »
A visit to Bergen-Belsen many years ago will stay in my mind forever.

Michael Rolls

Re: Holocaust Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2022, 11:15:47 PM »
I would imagine that sure a visit must be truly unforgettable
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

digitalis

Re: Holocaust Memorial Day
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2022, 09:22:24 AM »
I hope they dont go ahead with that Holocaust Memorial structure that they are planning to put near Westminster. Seems a (eye sight) tragedy. Altho I do recognize the horror of what happened to the Jews(and many non-others)under German rule,I wonder if a similar statue should be erected to the north American Indians who our ancestors helped to wipe out. It wasnt done as systematically as the Germans,but the Germans do mechanise stuff...and sort of make things 'better'.

But recently seen some images of the aboriginies in Australia in neck and ankle chains,and read about them being hunted.

Speaking only for myself,I would like to see a statue symbolising the rape of the common people in GB by the church and state: maybe some priest raping some innocent child and as the judiciary system quoffs wine looking t'other way. All this a going whilst some bronze figure represnting sleazeminster is pictured bloated,stuffing money in his pocket. In any way,I wouldnt have the memorial a Damien Hirst job: tangled metal,corridor of confusion wherein as like the Hyde Park Hill attraction,it just looks a muck heap.