Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 7950 times)

Hugh

Strictly Come Dancing
« on: Dec 11, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »
Any fans of the show on here must wonder how well Pamela doing. A real credit to the over sixties. Never seen a woman of her age be so fit and active and showing the youngsters up. Her gran children must be really proud of her.

caminito

Re: Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
Hi Hugh
I have started watching "strictly" again ,now that we are down to the best dancers.
I think that all the dancers left in the competition are very good ( apart from Gavin ,though he has improved greatly )
Pam is amazing for her age and I hope that she wins ?

I was switching channels later on and came across ..
Come Clog dancing . The programme is on iplayer
I learnt to clog dance in 1975 .Both North East and Lancashire styles. We also Rapper danced .There is a snippet in the show.
In 1979 , my side ( dance group ) went to Germany to perform and the germans were absolutely taken with our performances.
In the rapper ,we used to end up revolving at high speed . with our swords interlinked and a girl would be standing (very still  ;D )
in the middle !

As a ps ..My wife never danced , apart from a party . disco type dance , which most people do !
Until 9 yrs ago , when she decided to join me at Tango Argentina . In 2004 ,in Buenos Aires , she danced with Carlos Copello ( world famous) in front of about 400 people .
Amazing , like Pamela Stephenson , what you can do later in life , if you want to !

Here is a note from the show.
At the height of the industrial revolution in the last decades of the 19th century there was a dance, now rarely seen, that resounded through the collieries and pit villages of the north east of England - the clog dance.

For conductor and musician Charles Hazlewood, clog dance has become an obsession and he plans to put it firmly back on the map by staging a mass flashmob clog dance.

Helped by a team of local enthusiasts led by expert clog dancer Laura Connolly, Charles recruits and trains 140 men and women from across the north east, and one sunny Saturday in a busy square in central Newcastle they ambush the public with a six-minute performance.

Along the way, Charles delves into the history of this fascinating folk dance, learns and performs a few steps himself, and meets and works with some of the key characters keeping this ancient dance alive.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
I enjoy Strictly, and think Pamela is amazing!  My husband's brother and his wife still dance Ceroc competitively, they are 60 but are both very fit and active.   We keep talking about taking up dancing, but thats all we do, talk about it!

As far as the competition goes, my money is on Kara Tointon.  I think she is fantastic, and whilst the others (except Gavin) are all of a high standard, she seems to have the edge.  But I love watching Matt too.

I'll try and watch the clog dancing programme on catch up, sounds interesting. 

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
By rights Kara should win, but nothing suprises me in strictly any more. Kavin should have gone out long ago. Wouldn't surprise me in the least for Matt and Scot to go out tomorrow although they are both good dancers and great to watch.

caminito

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »
I agree that Kara is the best alround dancer .She has great poise  !
Who knows how the public will vote ? Usually on personality rather than anything else !
Still hope Pam wins because for someone who says she has never danced before and in her sixties now , it would be great for
us oldies !

If you do get to watch the clogging , there is a section that shows how the clogs are made.
We had ours made by standing on a sheet of paper and drawing a line around our feet .
Then sent the paper to a guy "up north" ,with a cheque. and about three weeks later the clogs would be delivered by post.
A perfect fit . I threw them away only last year and they were still has good as new.

This is a link to Carlos Copello who my wife danced with in BsAs

Hugh

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Yes I would also like Pam to win because she must have work much harder than kara to get so far and so good. Yes I will be having a look at the clog dancing.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »
What a great trio for the final. Pam Kara and Matt. Still hope Pam wins.

caminito

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »
Ditto...
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

easy this forum posting , innit  ::)

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
Don't forget the big night for strictly tomorrow :) :) :)

Chrisjay

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »
Already have the Sky box programmed to record I agree great final think I am rooting for Matt :D

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »
I'm babysitting tonight, just hope I can watch in peace and quiet.  But I think I'll have to record it! ::)  I don't mind who wins, I think all 3 are great and are the right finalists.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
Don' for get you can watch it later on BBC I Player GM.

Should be a great show, and they are all great dancers so I don't mind who wins, but I will be rooting for Pam because of her age she as done wonders.

caminito

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Thought that the best dancer won !

Is it time in the new year honours list
Arise, Sir Bruce Forsyth!

Hugh

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
I agree, but I think Pam should have gone through to the last two. Sir Bruce would be a good idea.

Chrisjay

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
I voted for Matt but only after Pam was eliminated but the best dancer won and they make a lovely couple.  Without Strickly, X Factor and tonights final of the Apprentice are now finished what will I do for good junk viewing on the weekend? 

I always look forward to putting my feet up and being entertained no matter how tweek there are now boring months to come except for NCIS I will watch that with Hugh (not in the same room I hasten to add)  ;D ;D

I spent so many years having to study on the weekend or work I really look forward to doing nothing and not having to think. 

What else do people enjoy watching?