Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 7930 times)

Hugh

Re: Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »
That certainly was the best final Strictly I have seen. All 3 finalist were great and nothing in skill between them. Jay won but in my view they were all winners.

GrannyMac

« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »
I agree Hugh, couldn't choose between them.  Great final!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
I would love to be so light on my feet.  I used to be reasonably good at dancing but am useless now.  We are going to Cuba soon and the hotel have salsa lessons.  I wil give it a go a long as my OH is willing (he sometimes has gout and I sometimes have Achilles tendon and plantar faciitis problems). Oh dear, we will limp together!

Sheila, please don't worry about taking Salsa classes. All you and the OH will need to do is smile and move as you can, even if it's sat down. Cuban bands leave you little choice. ;)  Just enjoy. Careful with those Cuba Libres though, the measures they use are not the same as here! ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #33 on: Dec 20, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
I will cope well with the Cuba Libres!

firenze

« Reply #34 on: Dec 20, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
Cuba Sheila ::) ;D wherever next!! Whatever make sure your walking sticks are fashionable ones :-*

Still thought Kevin the better dancer, but maybe the voting public were more attracted to Jay, young and to their taste. 
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Hugh

« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »
BBC being bombarded fix claims because Kelly was far superior on the night. But viewers don't vote for the best. Jay a part of a boy band must have loads of young ladies voting for him.

But still they should have all come out smiling Kelly and every one know she was best on the night. Georgia came second with the judges and got offered a career on the West End. She was delightful to watch. Over all Jay deserved to win being good throughout the series. Always harder for the males having to lead rather than led. 

Granny49

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »
BBC being bombarded fix claims because Kelly was far superior on the night. But viewers don't vote for the best. Jay a part of a boy band must have loads of young ladies voting for him.
It is interesting just how sure people can be that they are right Hugh.  Nothing new there I suppose.  The vote was for the winner of the series not for last night and, in my opinion that was Jay with his beautiful lines.  So not just young women voting for him but older ones who never knew about his band will have done too - and probably some men :D
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Betsy

« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
I was so pleased to see Jay lift the glitterball last night.  I must admit I thought he had lost it with the non showdance choreography from Aliona.  I have enjoyed his dancing,the most, right from the start of the series....he should have won it for that jive alone. ;)

Taxedtothehilt

« Reply #38 on: Dec 20, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Agree with all you say Betsy, my vote went Jay bit I did think that Georgia was unlucky to lose.
Don't worry about people who don't like you, just care about the ones that love you.