Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 1553 times)

Chrisjay

The Apprentice
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »
Did anyone watch it tonight and agree with me it was so funny especially the follow up programme.

"Not just a one trick pony but a field full of ponies" has to be as memorable as funny

Hugh

Re: The Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
Sorry Chris never watched it, I am into yanky crap like Farscape and NCIS 

Chrisjay

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »
Oh I LOVE NCIS especially Gibbs he just oozes sex appeal the strong silent type - I love junk viewing to me TV is about escape unless I chose to watch something intelligent.  Having said that I cannot abide I'm a celeb get me out of here or Big Brother.

The Apprentice is funny in that they all have self inflated ego's that they are such great business people till Alan Sugar gives them a task in the real world then they are just clueless = a bit like the challenge Ivanhoe just chickened out of:-)

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:32:50 PM »
Big brother and that type of program not for me. Farscape and 2 hours of NCIS my entertainment for tonight. Farscape takes some understanding, and very interesting once into it.

I don't think Ivanhoe chickened out he just didn't know how to answer your post. He is not as intelligent as he tries to make out. Hence the number of one liners. He really tries to impress people but every one see him as he is, a very sad person.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:55:46 PM »
I'm a fan of The Apprentice.   I like the interviews, and I enjoyed watching Margaret Mountford in action again last night.  The bit that really made me laugh was Stuart saying he was a 'big fish in a small pool' and the guy interviewing said he wasn't a big fish, in fact he wasn't even a fish!  The egos are amazing.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Chrisjay

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »
GM you and I are on the same wave length as I too love Margaret and enjoyed seeing her return even if it was only for one episode and the raised eyebrow priceless!

The fish thing was so funny just like the 'pony' but he is such a egotistical jerk he will go far and make lots of money but as a minor celeb rather than a serious business person don't you think? He already has his own perfume on sale I wonder if it's called 'big fish':-)

Chrisjay

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
Hugh

I bought the boxed set of NCIS DVDs when it came out in the summer intend to watch it over Christmas along with NCIS 8 which I am recording from Sky.

I am also recording the Nikita series but need to go back and watch it from the beginning as I have jumped in and out of the series so I have lost the plot somewhat :-)

Chrisjay

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:35:10 PM »
Well it is all over and I think the best candidate won.  She showed control and ability in most of her tasks and I hope she does well working for Alan Sugar.

She is a glowing example of being determined to better yourself no matter what your background or circumstances of your childhood.

GM I know you would have watched it what did you think?

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
The same as you.  I was pleased Stella won, I thought she was the best candidate.  Did you see her elderly great-aunt who was in the audience for the final show, she was obviously very proud.   As you say Stella is a great example of what someone from a seriously deprived background can achieve, although I think its rare to rise so far from such a poor start.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Chrisjay

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »
I agree and her great aunt was lovely and obviously so proud and Stella creditied her for her determination and values which was nice.