Author Topic: grass  (Read 1185 times)

Alfred

grass
« on: Jun 15, 2016, 07:44:16 AM »
some time ago I needed advice about re growing grass, well for the past two months I had put so much grass seed down, as I had blitzed it , and what with the amounts of rain we've been getting lately the end result is iv got my garden back again ,

the new grass seed has re invigorated the garden completely,so now ill have to get the mower out, once the grass is dry enough it'll have to be cut,

I think I must have spent about £10.00 in all in grass seed  but it was well worth it,
how ever  I did plant some French marigolds too, but that was my mistake, as the snails have munched all of them, and very kindly  left me with a nice display of stalks  instead, 

Alfred,

Hugh

Re: grass
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
Thats Gardening Alfred, Snails, Slugs and not for getting the lawn beetles which if you are unlucky, the grubs they lay will enjoy destroying your nice new lawn.

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2016, 04:05:18 PM »
Thanks for the tip Hugh,

if I should find some, well that means  another trip to the gardening centre hoping that they will advise me what to do, (fingers crossed )

Alfred,

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »
Hi Alfred not much you can do about these lawn beetles, the stuff to kill the grubs very expensive, and the timing of use important, and the odds of getting it right rather high. on a sunny day this time of the year you will see them hovering ready to go under ground. I have trod on dozens so I am hoping I won't have to much damage. if you are lucky you may not have any in your area.

Beannie

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
Do you mean a black beetle or the kind of fly type things ? I remember years ago when we had a lawn and even managed to get stripes and oh so proud of this lawn BUT zillions of little black things and don't ask me how but I used ant powder and ant spray and watered it down and after two or three goes they disappeared . Hope this helps xxx

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
Shoot...Though this thread was about a different grass.. ??? ???
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Beannie

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »
Shoot...Though this thread was about a different grass.. ??? ???

Hahahahaaaaaaaa I wonder what he means lol . I bet this is the fastest post ever he logged onto and awwwwww a teeny weeny bit disappointed yes lol X