Author Topic: Natures Bounty!  (Read 833 times)

firenze

Natures Bounty!
« on: Jul 04, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »
in my case Figs yes my friends my pot grown fig he/she is bounteous ;D  I wonder xetog did you have any success with your planted twig?
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Sheila

Re: Natures Bounty!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
Hi firenze.  I'm pleased your fig is doing well this year.  I have never grown them.  Do they all ripen at once?  If so, do you give some of them away or is there a way of preserving them?

Our asparagus has finished but the strawberries and raspberries are good though we have to fight the slugs, snails and blackbirds for them. 

We had our own small courgettes and garlic with our dinner last night quick fried.  We also had freshly picked broad beans.  There are some strange assortments sometimes but it is all fresh!

firenze

Re: Natures Bounty!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2016, 08:28:44 AM »
Hello Sheila - and yes the fig might make me move out if it grows anymore.  No they don't ripen together, Northern like me it's late, do you remember telling me to poach them in butter and brandy... I do that!
It's very prolific so I take off the smaller and just pick as I eat, they are lovely to have and as I have paved the " yard" it makes a statement with its big leaves.  I grow a lovely Bay in a pot too so flavour my cooking on the hoof!

Your pick as required is a boon but I couldn't be bothered now to preserve things,  you are obviously still young and lovely!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.