Author Topic: Anyone play or watch Golf  (Read 2775 times)

Hugh

Re: Anyone play or watch Golf
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:57:59 AM »
One point that FG pointed out that players would soon get fed up helping you find your ball, which is a load of rubbish. Its quite rare for me to see my ball land but just knowing the direction its gone is all I need. Which ever piece of equipment I use, I know at what distance to search for it. I have spent far more time searching for balls lost by the big hitters, where balls land in deep grass.

Back to the Ryder Cup I would have enjoyed watching it but for the USA fans shouting USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA made it a big turn off for me and could have put our great players off their game. USA USA USA USA USA  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »
i gave it a go in my early 30s. for about 18mths. packed it in because I was rubbish, quite accurate on the greens, but getting the ball to the green was nye impossible, [for me] 4ball was ok, if my partner could get it up there and I could finish it off. 2 of my sons are quite good golfers, I repeat, I was rubbish. I was more into more physical/reactionary sports.

Hugh

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »
Sarahbilly I am still rubbish, but I enjoy the company and the exercise. The latter two being the most important. At the age of 77 most sports are pretty much out of reach for me but golf comes into its own. For beginners most course have group lessons where the basic can be learnt. I learnt a lot of the theory by watching Meandmygolf on utube. I would love to get a 27 handicap but its very unlikely to happen.

Hugh

« Reply #18 on: Oct 20, 2016, 08:04:13 PM »
Before I started playing the game Trevor my step son use to hog the TV and golf was on all the bl----- time. It really bored, me so I can understand what one or two are saying. Now i can watch a good game for hours and learn from the pros. Watching them bend the ball right or left takes a lot of skill. The only time my balls bend its by mistake not skill.

Hugh

« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
Used to play when I lived in California, FG, but soon stopped on returning to England. Too expensive and elitist (present company excepted) plus my local course is like playing in the Alps!

What area do you live Zoony, it sounds like Scotland saying Alps. I live between Mansfield and Nottingham, where there are plenty of courses to choose from, to suit all types of players. From very expensive, to very cheap. I found one that was not to hilly, and had a senior club which plays Tuesdays Fridays and Sundays. Draw a number out of a bag which then tells you the time, and the people you are playing with, which stop clicky groups forming.