Author Topic: warm home discount  (Read 9555 times)

Granny49

Re: warm home discount
« Reply #45 on: Oct 27, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
Your supplier may have a larger group who receive it automatically Bee but the group the government has said they must credit it to are only those who are getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension everyone else needs to apply each year.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

bluesladyfan

« Reply #46 on: Oct 27, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
Thanks for all the info and guidance.
To clarify - I've not been advised by my supplier, British Gas, about this, so will give them a call tomorrow.  I'm still following up on the vouchers for sight and hearing.  I'll let you know of any outocme.

Granny49

« Reply #47 on: Oct 27, 2016, 11:30:10 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed bluesladyfan :)
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Bee

« Reply #48 on: Oct 28, 2016, 08:06:13 AM »
The following link shows all that take part in The Warm Home Discount scheme, click on next at the bottom of the page and it shows how to claim..........3. How to claim, If you qualify for the discount, you’ll get a letter this autumn or winter telling you either:you don’t have to apply - you’ll get the discount automatically to apply by 28 February 2017 - the letter will tell you why and how.
You’ll receive your letter by 16 December at the latest.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/eligibility
The only way is up....

Granny49

« Reply #49 on: Oct 28, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
I think that is a little ambiguous Bee.  As I have explained there are two groups, The 'Core' Group and the 'Broader' group.  The core group is selected on a simple basis by the government as those who receive the Guaranteed part of Pension Credit and the "if you qualify" that you quote applies just to those in Core Group. 

It does go on to say you can apply directly to your supplier if you are outside this group - which is what a lot of this discussion has been about.  In my experience, if you are in the 'Broader' group - which may vary from supplier to supplier - you do not necessarily receive a letter to say if you are going to get this discount; it just arrives as a credit on your account.