Author Topic: Priority Service Register  (Read 1994 times)

Granny49

Priority Service Register
« on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:59:13 PM »
This is another little helper that you may not have heard about.  I spotted it somewhere and rang about mum and, not surprisingly, I was told she qualified.  All companies must offer this.   

The thing that surprised me was I was eligible to go on the register too under two criteria one of which was just that I was a pensioner so it should apply to all on here. 

The criteria are:
Those of pensionable age. 
Those with a disability. 
Those with hearing and/or visual impairments. 
Those with long-term ill-health.

This is not offering any money or credit but does make them aware you may need a quicker visit in an emergency or that you have a particular vulnerability.

You may also not know that companies are also obliged to offer free gas safety checks to customers who fit specific eligibility criteria.

This document: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/75552/vulnerable-consumers-and-priority-services-register-june-2013-bt-pdf gives details of the benefits of being on the PSR.  Some of them may not be relevant now but become so as we get older so worth registering now in my opinion.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Phil

Re: Priority Service Register
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »
Yes it was offered to me when I changed energy supplier but I stated that under no circumstances was I to be put on the register as "I'm not vulnerable, but thank you for the offer".
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Granny49

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:21:37 PM »
For those who may be interested Phil, vulnerable at this stage or not, can I recommend reading the document I linked as there is much more to it than just going on a register.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Phil

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:30:06 PM »
For those who may be interested Phil, vulnerable at this stage or not, can I recommend reading the document I linked as there is much more to it than just going on a register.

Yes it will be useful to a lot of people & the help offered will be good for them.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »

Good stuff 49..and forgive me but I kinda had to wade through that but, because of wading, I found this..which is a little more condensed..

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-help-paying-your-bills/priority-services-register-for-older-and-disabled-people/
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Granny49

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:49:12 PM »
That's much better and certainly more concise Zoony. My thanks but I'm sure those of anyone who are trying to find out what is about's too.  Citizens Advice re the Government; I guess we should know which would be more readable :D

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »
Point taken. :)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

jn01

« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2016, 04:01:21 AM »
Thank you for the information  Granny49. Will be contacting our supplier later today.