Author Topic: Problems with tablet  (Read 1806 times)

Mondays Child

Problems with tablet
« on: Nov 19, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »
My Amazon tablet did an automatic update last night but around 1:45 when I was having a good conversation with Zoony the blasted thing started playing up and wouldn't let me reply and kept telling me that I was trying to use a different server. Its worked on and off this morning but my son is going to fix it as he has linked my tablet to his. In the meantime if I'm having a conversation and suddenly disappear, apologies.

Alfred

Re: Problems with tablet
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »
hello Mondays child,

if your getting too many problems with your tablet , you can reset it back to factory settings, ( youll have to go to settings to do this) which means once its done you'll have the tablet exactly as when you first took it out of the box, but you'll have to re-enter any apps or other data that you want to keep, all over again,

as the factory settings will remove every thing except whats in  its programme,
that is what you saw when you switched it on for the very first time, and then you'll have to re-enter all your personal details  which you did when you first set it up. 

alternatively you should be able to reboot the system much like a laptop or desk top in which case with a laptop turn it off then on ,which some time clears the problem,

with  tablets this means holding down the volume button and the on off button at the same time , which should re-boot the tablet, but check your hand book,if in doubt,
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2016, 11:32:40 AM by Alfred »

Mondays Child

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2016, 11:26:21 AM »
Hi Alfred. The problem is that its linked to my sons and his wife's plus my daughter and ex wifes tablets as well as he wanted us to be able to share the books and play music that he pays for. My tablet shows him as the owner so I don't want to do anything that will affect everyone else's plus sometimes if I want to change something it asks for his password which I don't know. But thanks for the advice anyway.

firenze

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2016, 09:35:05 PM »
My ipad tells me I've I've got 9,800 emails ???  heaven knows where they are?!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

forrestgumph

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »

Have you tried turning your tablet off then back on again sometimes it needs you to do that mind you 9,800 emails makes you a popular lady why complain  ;D ;D ;D

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:15:24 AM »
I'm so glad I don't use a tablet.......Though I see the advantages (almost)...Zoony heads fer the hills!
Content with little but a little more would be nice.

Dickie

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
Phil helped me out with this problem so I hope he sees yours Firenze darling because oh sorryyyyyyy I can't remember what he said BUT it did work xxxxxx
you would be so proud of me at the moment

Phil

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
Hi Alfred. The problem is that its linked to my sons and his wife's plus my daughter and ex wifes tablets as well as he wanted us to be able to share the books and play music that he pays for. My tablet shows him as the owner so I don't want to do anything that will affect everyone else's plus sometimes if I want to change something it asks for his password which I don't know. But thanks for the advice anyway.

That's quite an unusual set up.

Are you all in the same building or are you linked via remote access.

I've never come across this problem but I've never had any Apple computers so maybe it's a glitch with the IPads.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

firenze

« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:15:41 PM »
Sadly I am a complete ass with the computer so the problems are very probably caused by myself. 

Mark Twain.

Phil

« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:27:21 PM »
Sadly I am a complete ass with the computer so the problems are very probably caused by myself.

You can only have 9,800 emails if you have 9,800 emails so I can't see how it's anything you've done except by not deleting any for years.

Do they show as read or unread?

The links below, which definitely point to an Apple system fault, may help.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7219743?start=0&tstart=0

http://ios9news.net/fix-mail-app-unread-emails-bug-in-ios-9/

P.S. They do show a definite Apple system fault.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2016, 09:52:42 PM by Phil »
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

firenze

« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
Phil - at least your words help insomuch as it might be partly Apple. I have just about had to rejig the blooming thing from scratch and believe me making scones is my forte not iPad.  I've now got a different looking page but my sanity is not lost....yet!  Talking to the forum would be a loss to me, I'm completely in the state of where old horses go😅 So goodnight 😘

Mark Twain.

Phil

« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
Phil - at least your words help insomuch as it might be partly Apple. I have just about had to rejig the blooming thing from scratch and believe me making scones is my forte not iPad.  I've now got a different looking page but my sanity is not lost....yet!  Talking to the forum would be a loss to me, I'm completely in the state of where old horses go😅 So goodnight 😘

I'll modify what I said in my previous post.

You can have 9,800 emails when you don't have 9,800 emails but only if you're using Apple.

It's one of the supposed non-existent Apple glitches.

It's more totally Apple than partly Apple.

It's nothing that you've done wrong, that's the main point.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2016, 10:19:07 AM by Phil »

Dickie

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:45:08 AM »
And Phil you were so wonderful to me and I got the new thingie you said to get and oh wow now it's really going great . If only you could stop all the phone calls I get from anonymous callers . I don't ever answer the phone but on rare occasions I do answer it I TRULY can't  understand their accent but they always say my name my god how do they know my name and they say Mrs ******** how are you today . How on earth do they know my name is sinclair phil because it's secret surely xxxxxxxx
you would be so proud of me at the moment

Phil

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »
And Phil you were so wonderful to me and I got the new thingie you said to get and oh wow now it's really going great . If only you could stop all the phone calls I get from anonymous callers . I don't ever answer the phone but on rare occasions I do answer it I TRULY can't  understand their accent but they always say my name my god how do they know my name and they say Mrs ******** how are you today . How on earth do they know my name is sinclair phil because it's secret surely xxxxxxxx

Lots of organisations, some of them public bodies, sell lists of people's details.

It's impossible to keep yourself totally anonymous.

You need to get yourself a call screening phone such as the one Dayjo mentioned & which we then bought.

I think you'd reallly benefit from having this phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Advanced-Blocker-Cordless-Machine/dp/B01BWMWTM6/ref=sr_1_4/256-4102216-6250724?ie=UTF8&qid=1479808505&sr=8-4&keywords=bt8500+telephone

Yellowbird

« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »
I just bought a new apple ipad, I gave my old one to my husband Ron so we are linked in that what I get on my pad he can have on his, but if I delete something from my iPad it won't delete it from his unless he does it himself on his own iPad, and visa versa. If I need to completely wipe mine it won't affect his. Hope this is helpful
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly