Author Topic: Fresh blizzards on the way  (Read 419 times)

Chrisjay

Fresh blizzards on the way
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
They had predicted a thaw by Boxing Day but now they are saying we may be in for a fresh set of blizzards.

In Canada we always kept a 'store' larder in for when we were snowed in or food deliveries could not get through.  I am no different I have stocked up on baking stuff including flour for the bread maker, tinned goods including plenty of soups, dog food, bottled water and an emergency essential a small gas camping stove with extra canisters of gas.  I also have a calor gas heater and if we do lose power and heat I can live and keep warm in one room.  It is better to sleep on the couch than try to heat several rooms when your heating goes.  I have an oil lamp (how dated does that make me) and plenty of books waiting to be read.  Think the blitze and that should prepare you for the worst scenario.  Better to be prepared then happy you did not need it:-)

As this is only December and very unusual I believe to have this sort of cold here this early and thinking of earlier this year when I was again snowed in I think we may have quiet a bit more of this cold to come.