Author Topic: Hello from Vienna  (Read 1641 times)

Austrian

Hello from Vienna
« on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:06:49 AM »
Hello from Vienna
I introduce myself as an Austrian pensioner (61), living in one of the most beautiful cities in this world :)
I would like to improve my knowledge of the English language and perhaps get to know some nice English native speakers.
184 tall, 76kg, nonsmoker, like classical music, enjoy nature near the river Danube ,living alone in a nice , sunny Apartment in Vienna,.....
Well, that is all for the moment :)
kind regards from Vienna
 :)

Glazer

Re: Hello from Vienna
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:01:09 AM »
Hello Austrian and welcome to Pensioners Forum, where you will certainly meet a cross section of the most wonderful people.
Whether or not you agree with their views, I am sure that like myself, you will certainly respect their combined wisdom.
For my self, I know Vienna a little.  I would often travel there by motorcycle, and even now I stop off in Vienna when I travel to my home in Southern Bulgaria.  Yes, indeed a beautiful city.

terime

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:39:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum Austrian , hope you enjoy yourself on here . Trying to improve your knowledge of the English language eh ? Wish you luck with that..it's generally acknowledged that English is one of the hardest to learn . Any help with that you need , just ask ...we'd be happy to help .
I see you like classical music ,do you like Andre Rieu's concerts ? We ( my wife and I ) do , very much .
Older people shouldn't eat health food, they need all the preservatives they can get.  ;)

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:06:03 AM »
Welcome Austrian.  Your English looks perfect to me but I'm sure that chatting in another language will keep your brain active.  :)
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

xetog

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:27:53 AM »
Yes, welcome Austrian, although it seems a little impersonal to call you that, but you have chosen the name of your country and if you are happy, we are happy. We have many weird 'handles' on here, but like a few others I choose to personalise my posts with an abbreviation of my first name to sign off.  I suspect that we also have had a few others from different nations amongst our membership from time to time, but since people rarely include that in their introduction, we don't really know and that is good for freedom of opinion and expression.  We hope to hear much more from you.

Mike
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Welcome to PF Austrian..Your written English looks pretty good to me too. We sometimes get a bit colloquial here but just shout out if there's something you don't understand and all will be made clear.
[email protected]

Dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. Being kept alive is.
A Freudian slip: When you say one thing but mean your mother.

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

Hello Austrian.. Don't copy what I have to say.. There are some on here that speak the English proper..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Dickie

« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
Oh golly and would you like to meet me and my only downside is I'm oldish and fairly wrinkled and my mates in here tell me I am barmy ALTHOUGH i don't believe them . If you accept me then you have to accept a little doggie who I'm sad to say bites policewomen who knock on my door plus if I'm truthful she bites anyone who manages to put a had in the window like the bottled gasman who I paid through my bedroom window and she jumped up and bit him . He looked pleased with his tip though xxxxxxxxxx

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2017, 11:22:32 AM »
Hello Austrian and welcome to the forum.   What a beautiful place to live, I hope you can share some photos of your home city.

Dickie

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
OMG pleaseeee forgive me , I truly though everyone was kind of joking on sometimes people post here for the wrong reasons . Pleaseeeee please forgive me because I see now you are genuine xxx

Zoony help pleaseeeee because I thought Austrian was doing what that other person was doing about fake passports etc etc and I'd die if I upset Austria person so can you help me feel less guilty pleaseeeeeeeeee xxx

Phil

« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
When we log off at bedtime we can now say "Goodnight Vienna".
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
Hello Austrian and a big welcome from the CC. Great pleasure to welcome from your beautiful city. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
[email protected]
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/with/255625

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
OMG pleaseeee forgive me , I truly though everyone was kind of joking on sometimes people post here for the wrong reasons . Pleaseeeee please forgive me because I see now you are genuine xxx

Zoony help pleaseeeee because I thought Austrian was doing what that other person was doing about fake passports etc etc and I'd die if I upset Austria person so can you help me feel less guilty pleaseeeeeeeeee xxx

Relax Bea...I'm sure our Austrian friend has a sense of humour. I didn't read anything bad in what you wrote..If it's a chap you might even get a date out of it! ;D
[email protected]

Dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. Being kept alive is.
A Freudian slip: When you say one thing but mean your mother.

Alex22

« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »
It's the Germans who don't have a sense of humour Bea - not the Austrians !   ;D

p.s. I AM just joking, incase any Germans are watching I quite like Henning Wehn 

firenze

« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »
How nice is it to be able to say welcome to callers in to the forum?  Austrian has got to feel he's on a diving board!

A very warm welcome we Hope you will feel at home. :D 
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.