Author Topic: Hello from Vienna  (Read 4147 times)

xetog

Re: Hello from Vienna
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »
I think Austrian is a man as at nearly 6' 2" he would be a very tall woman (I speak as father-in-law to a 6'1" DIL).  I really like the idea of someone from continental Europe joining us, perhaps if we had a few more we Brits might begin to understand the EU mind-set [and they us].  Being cut off from Europe since the last ice age has led to a certain degree of isolationism.

Mike
The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open.

Austrian

« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »
I can asure you I have a sense of humour :) , dont worry ! , I was used to watch BBC World (hard talk) years ago but as I lived in South-America for some time I lost my English and forgetfulness is already an issue at that age :)
I hope I can upload some fotos in future to give you an impression of my home country, ...and I hope you will be understanding with me if I write nonsense that a native speaker would never write :)
Now I have to go and buy a rubber plant for my little flat.
Thanks to each one of you who replied , Ill be back :)
My Name is Max
P.S.
@Terime
I like Andre Rieu's concerts
@Dickie
:)  ...what means "chap" ?
@xetog
Im a man :)

terime

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
Max...''chap'' is a slang term for ''man''

The next thing for Sparky and myself ( and maybe some others ? ) is to teach you some rhyming slang  :o
That will  really get you confused   ;D ;D
Older people shouldn't eat health food, they need all the preservatives they can get.  ;)

Dickie

« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »
I can asure you I have a sense of humour :) , dont worry ! , I was used to watch BBC World (hard talk) years ago but as I lived in South-America for some time I lost my English and forgetfulness is already an issue at that age :)
I hope I can upload some fotos in future to give you an impression of my home country, ...and I hope you will be understanding with me if I write nonsense that a native speaker would never write :)
Now I have to go and buy a rubber plant for my little flat.
Thanks to each one of you who replied , Ill be back :)
My Name is Max
P.S.
@Terime
I like Andre Rieu's concerts
@Dickie
 :)  ...what means "chap" ?
@xetog
Im a man :)

Austrian oh wow I'm so sorry I said wrong things BUT with all my heart tons and tons of welcome to you all and forgive me for being an idiot PLUS welcome and loads and loads of welcomes and forgive me for being a complete plonker xxxxxxxx

Plus I'm hoping some of my truly lovely friends on here will tell you I honestly don't mean to offend ok xxxxxxxx
you would be so proud of me at the moment

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
Austrian - "plonker " does not mean what it translates into German !   ;D ;D ;D ;D   it's actually 'a bit of an idiot'   You'll learn lots of funny phrases here !

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »
Austrian.  Every now and then we get some weird old post on her from people who want to sell us things that are not quite above board ..

Because your name is Austrian our dear Beannie (Dickie) Immediately thought you were offering something not above board.. She has phoned me and asked me to explain her soppy mistake . This has upset her very much because she is a gentle soul and wouldn't want to hurt anyone . She is very popular on this site and is loved by many.. She wants to say a BIG BIG  'SORRY'..   I hope you understand and join in with us on putting up and answering threads . 
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Dickie

« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2017, 03:26:01 AM »
Austrian.  Every now and then we get some weird old post on her from people who want to sell us things that are not quite above board ..

Because your name is Austrian our dear Beannie (Dickie) Immediately thought you were offering something not above board.. She has phoned me and asked me to explain her soppy mistake . This has upset her very much because she is a gentle soul and wouldn't want to hurt anyone . She is very popular on this site and is loved by many.. She wants to say a BIG BIG  'SORRY'..   I hope you understand and join in with us on putting up and answering threads .

Scrumpy you always always get me out of trouble thanks my darling and ohhh I hope so much Austrian posts again and here is a message

Austrian pleaseeeeee post again so everyone forgives me thank you xxxxxxx

Back to you again now scrumpy and thanks my darling for trying to explain to Austrian and gollly gosh I was a wreck on the phone hehehehehe but oh wow I hate thinking I've hurt someone . Eeeeeeek if he / she knew I thought they were illegal passport smugglers hehehehehe THANK YOU SCRUMPSSSS

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:28:21 PM »
You worry too much Bea !  apart from getting into a tizz, worrying is just not good for your health - honest !

Dickie

« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
You worry too much Bea !  apart from getting into a tizz, worrying is just not good for your health - honest !

Awwwwwww Alex22 bless you and in all truth I am a bit of a worrier but not to bad really love your heart my little Alex22 xxxxxxxxxx

Austrian

« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »
@Dickie
Everything is OK  ;) , there is nothing to forgive, calm down a little bit and enjoy a cup of tea as I do just now  :)

Sheila

« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
@Dickie
Everything is OK  ;) , there is nothing to forgive, calm down a little bit and enjoy a cup of tea as I do just now  :)

Well said Austrian.  You have joined the 'let's keep Dickie/Beannie calm' club.  Zoony and Scrumpy are founder members.
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Dickie

« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
@Dickie

Oh woweeeeee Austrian thank you with all of my heart for accepting what a blooming plonker I am at times but never ever would want to hurt or upset you . Where are the photos you promised pleaseeeeeee thank yiu xxxxxxxx

Sheilaaaaaaa yeahhhhhh oh wow tons of love hehehehehe I feel a bit proud now thinking of us with a club llllolllll xxxxx

Ooooo-errrrrrr how did I get underlined words then pleaseeeeeee

Sheila

« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
Oh dear, yet another thing for you to worry about  ;D ;D
Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place.

Dickie

« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
Oh dear, yet another thing for you to worry about  ;D ;D

Ohhhhh Sheila my little darling hehehehehe I know what you mean but wasn't it weird plus now it's actually gone so that doesn't make sense one bit does it xxxxxxxx

zoony

« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:38:27 PM »
Bea..You must've accidentally clicked the 'underline' symbol, the one with the underlined u..
Content with little but a little more would be nice.