Author Topic: Pig in the mouth  (Read 1485 times)

Chrisjay

Pig in the mouth
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:54:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

Well I have had my surgery today and it has been a bit more extensive than first thought.

Disgraced myself twice, first had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and collapsed then when recovering given some fluid to drink and spat it back out involuntarily I might add. :o

And why do they wait until your whole mouth is frozen to get you to drink half a cup of liquid antibiotic and swallow some pills?  Very difficult when you have no feeling. :o

When they opened up my Jaw they found I had a large hole in it so filled it with a disc made from pig and put a stent into my tooth cavity up into my sinus cavity and then have sewn the whole thing back up 16+ stitches.  Have to go back in 10 days to get them out meanwhile I cannot go out without a face mask and horror cannot brush my teeth. :o

I have some pain tonight but I bet it's much worse tomorrow when the anesthetic wears off  :'(

So hope you all enjoy your meals and don't tell me about the nice steak you had as I am eating through a straw for the next two weeks  :-\

cheddar-caveman

Re: Pig in the mouth
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »
Yikes Chris, that all sounds horrible. (Good job you're not a Muslim :D).Glad you are at least alive enough to tell us about it. Not a good start to the new year.

Do hope the recovery goes well and you'll soon be tucking into propper food again. (We're on liver and onions tonight ;))
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Chrisjay

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »
Thank you CC one of the first things the surgeon asked was  if I had any objection to the pig implant and as I already knew pig has the closest structure to humans I was not particularly worried and I love pork chops:-)

Actually it is a good start to the New Year as I have had the problem for 7 years and been waiting for nearly two for the surgery (great NHS in Wales, had to wait until I left to call me back for the op) saves going on a diet:-)

Liver yes - onions no.  I tried soft boiled eggs last night but had a problem getting them off the spoon:-)  Going to try soup and rice pudding tonight.

Now here is a challenge for everyone especially Caminito whose a great cook.  What to eat that does not require the use of your top teeth to even get it off the spoon or your tongue to move it?  Drinks are not a problem so I am having the equivalent of slim fast powered meals which I can drink through a straw I don't think I will starve in 10 - 12 days.

Face mask when I go out and boredom is going to be more of a problem. I look like a blond Michael Jackson but still alive (sorry) :-)

caminito

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »
Hi Chris
You may have had a bad day yesterday but it does'nt stop you from being your usual happy self today  ;D
Good on you !
I think that you are going to have to think " baby food " and Purée things for a while .

Are you going to change your forum name to Zorro from now on  ???

Chrisjay

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2011, 03:46:43 PM »
Zorro yes I could go for that  ;D

Must admit now I am starting to feel a bit rough and will be glad when I have had Jac out so I can snuggle under a throw and watch snooker till I fall asleep. :'(

It's a no to baby food can't abide the thought of runny nappies - rather starve but the good news is I can eat Maltesers so all is not bad and Southern Comfort tastes almost as good through a straw. ;D

picadilly

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Hello there,
I am new to Pensioners Forum, saw problem over eating and thought this would be too late for you but think it may be worth while to add for another person, another time that reads this thread.ENSURE available from Boots or other chemists is a well balanced replacement meal in liquid form.

Hope all went well for you in the end.
Happy New Year to all.  

Chrisjay

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
Hi Picadilly

Welcome to the forum

I am doing ok eating and my stitches come out on Monday (even though its a 450 mile round trip to get them out) and I have managed to find foods that I have been able to eat without upsetting my allergies or IBS - unfortunately many of the food suppliments contain nuts traces (as do a lot of cough lozenges) but thank you for your response