Author Topic: Talent of a 94 year old.  (Read 2399 times)

Maywalk

Talent of a 94 year old.
« on: Feb 07, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »

These are all the bears she has knitted for charity

zoony

Re: Talent of a 94 year old.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »
What a lovely talent to have. Always wanted to be able to draw but it's hard enough drawing breath these days... ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
Not granny moss is it  ;D
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:02:35 PM »
Lovely bears, they will be a real comfort to the children who get them.  Well done you!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »

The cat is amazing Maywalk and the charity must be so pleased with the bears.  How lovely that she can still do all these things and is so wonderful at it.

Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Maywalk

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »
Hi Granny,
Yes she really is a very talented lady she also makes birthday and christmas cards. Lovely personality and we have been friends for well over 50 years.

Granny49

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
I had an aunt Maywalk, no longer with us sadly, who had always painted so we got hand painted Christmas cards, etc.  Her main area was painting on china and she was still teaching small groups at home until she was 92.  I think it would be wonderful if we could all look forward to such a fulfilling old age.

I am absolutely convinced that such hobbies keep you sane and your brain active and the craft community in general is very sharing - very little one-upmanship and a lot of confidence building goes on.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Alfred

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

Hello Maywalk,
some time ago I posted a  story of an  elderly lady who was smartly dressed spoke very well and was as bright as a button, she skyped,  emailed, and did a number of other things the way this lady spoke very well educated I thought in her earlier life she most likely was a company secretary very able and very confident

she was up on modern day life and worldly affairs that   many of us get involved with  particularly on say politics she was a formidable lady and extremely interesting to talk to very articulate , a lovely lady ,

she was 102 years old and walked without a stick  smartly dressed with it ,
no doubt there are some incredible and amazing ladies and even men who are very knowledgeable and who are
interested in just about everything that happens today,

the picture and drawings you have shown , show just how much  talented that lady you know has very very clever and amazing drawings too, simply incredible ,these people encourage others that age is no barrier ,

Maywalk

« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me Alfred.

Yes we have a lady living in the Close where I live and she too is 102 and she is very alert.

Dickie

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2017, 05:11:35 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me Alfred.

Yes we have a lady living in the Close where I live and she too is 102 and she is very alert.

Maywalkkkkkkk where are you darling . Only today I've been saying where are the people we all loved so my little darling maywalkkkkkkk please say  where are you pleaseeeeeee and it would be so great to see your lovely little face againnnnnnn xxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Pats

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2017, 09:49:24 AM »
What an amazing talent she has - so pleased she still continues to amaze others
So very talented