Author Topic: GONE after 25 years.  (Read 746 times)

Maywalk

GONE after 25 years.
« on: Feb 09, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »
My sons car being taken today to be renovated by a car enthusiast. Loads of parts and spares were finally packed on the trailer.

Its been stuck in my garage for 25 years. My son started to renovate it himself but when he found out after quite a few years of marriage he was finally going to become a dad the car was never touched again.
I hope the photo comes through.

Clarence

Re: GONE after 25 years.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »
Looks like she is in good condition.
Always start as you mean to begin.

Maywalk

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
Yes, she has been well looked after Clarence. :)

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »
 Looks good! :) After such a long lay up she will definitely need new tyres (recommended lifespan is only seven years) and a total brake overhaul (brake fluid is hygroscopic). As the wheels are ally it is worth checking for corrosion where the bead sits against the rim when the tyres are replaced. Also if it has not been started regularly he should be in no rush to start up; spraying WD40 down the bores and then trying to turn over by hand after a day or two. A lot of damage can be caused by being in to much of a rush and after quarter-of-a-century there is no need. I have had a lot to do with older bikes and cars. If your nephew needs any advice please post it here and I will try to help.

P.S. Don’t ask me about modern cars the electrics are beyond me!