Author Topic: Annuity Rates  (Read 1129 times)

StephenM123

Annuity Rates
« on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Whilst I am looking at draw down I also want to get a figure for an annuity. The problem is that every annuity rate calculator I find on the web wants every detail bar my inside leg measurement and as I have found previously once some people have your e-mail address the spam is relentless. Does anybody know of a website with a simple calculator where I can feed in 65 y.o. male, non-smoker living in Hertfordshire. Many thanks.

JCBDriver

Re: Annuity Rates
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
When my wife was forced into buying an annuity when she retired we faced the same issue as the pension fund holder will usually push their preferred option for obvious reasons.
We eventually contacted Hargreaves Lansdown, as we were existing clients, gave them the details and they came up with 3 companies for consideration. We eventually opted for Just Retirement and went with the fixed income option.

Whoever you opt for they are bound to ask a certain number of questions regarding your circumstances and health as they wont be able to give you an accurate quote on basic details.  Given that this is a one time only choice you need get as much info as possible before making a decision which you wont be able to change at a later date.  We spent a couple on months evaluating the details given to us.

I was lucky enough not to be locked into an annuity and its not a route I personally would go down given the current rates. My wife was lucky in that she managed to get in just before the rates started to plunge.

By the way I am not making a recommendation for the companies mentioned, just relating our annuity experience.

luvchocolate

Re: Annuity Rates
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
Hello the money advice service, although it does need a bit of information to get quotes, no one will contact you.