Author Topic: Collected my new car this morning.  (Read 2729 times)

brian54

Collected my new car this morning.
« on: Mar 01, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »

It is modest, an orange automatic Honda Jazz. Andy and Peter like it,
Oddly a neighbour saw one under the showroom lights and did not think much of the colour.
He has now said it looks nice in daylight.
I have put the safety cages in. Andy and Peter have had a little ride round the block but we will go for a drive this afternoon.

Phil

Re: Collected my new car this morning.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2017, 11:49:43 AM »
It is modest, an orange automatic Honda Jazz. Andy and Peter like it,
Oddly a neighbour saw one under the showroom lights and did not think much of the colour.
He has now said it looks nice in daylight.
I have put the safety cages in. Andy and Peter have had a little ride round the block but we will go for a drive this afternoon.

A new car is nice & you can't beat a new car smell so enjoy it.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »

I agree the new car smell is nice but it tends to go when you take 2 dogs to the park every day.
They are washed about once a week and the dog shampoo smells nice as well.

peterpensioner

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
I'm still waiting for my new Porsche. The said I could have the Flame Red one straight away - but I said no - I'll wait for the Sunshine Yellow.

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »
My daughter is currently driving her third Jazz.  They have a very good reputation for reliability, but personally, I think the ride is a bit harsh - especially for the rear seat passengers.  After a string of Volvos, we've switched allegiance to VW and Mrs T has a new Polo 1.2 Tsi.
You'll have had your tea.

Pats

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
I'm still waiting for my new Porsche. The said I could have the Flame Red one straight away - but I said no - I'll wait for the Sunshine Yellow.
I agree - flame red is a bit showy  :D
You're not going to have number plates with yer initials on are you ? Its a bit Del boy
don't you think .........................

Traveller

« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
Oops... hit the wrong button.
You'll have had your tea.

brian54

« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »

Peterpensioner is rich.
I can not afford a Porsche.

peterpensioner

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »
Yes Brian - I am rich and like you I have to thank my astute parents for my wealth. My mother spent all her life running a brothel in the East End however the brothel was actually "owned" by her brother who sadly died at birth. However she manage to persuade the authorities that he now lived in Ecuador, the address that she gave was a Post Office box in Quito. When the brothel was eventually raided she was able to persuade the police that she was a sex slave and the whole thing was run and owned by her brother. As there is no extradition treaty between the UK and Ecuador the police could do nothing. All the money from the brothel had been channelled through a "shell" company that she set up in the Cayman Islands thus avoiding UK tax. When she eventually had to go into care, despite living in a 7 bedroomed house overlooking Hampstead Heath and worth about £10M, she avoided having to pay care fees as the house was actually owned by another "shell" company that she set up in Panama. So all the money eventually came to me.

P.S. I made all this up but its better than the drivel and bragging that we usually hear from Brian !!!

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »

Peterpensioner is rich.
I can not afford a Porsche.

Humour Brian, humour.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

StephenM123

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
My daughter is currently driving her third Jazz.  They have a very good reputation for reliability, but personally, I think the ride is a bit harsh - especially for the rear seat passengers.  After a string of Volvos, we've switched allegiance to VW and Mrs T has a new Polo 1.2 Tsi.

When I was looking two friends with Jazzes recommended them. I found the ride unacceptable and also that of the larger Civic. My budget was quite limited so they were older models. In the end I brought the old Jaguar and that generally just floats along but can be caught out by some of the potholes that are harder to spot on dark wet nights!  :(

StephenM123

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Yes Brian - I am rich and like you I have to thank my astute parents for my wealth. My mother spent all her life running a brothel in the East End however the brothel was actually "owned" by her brother who sadly died at birth. However she manage to persuade the authorities that he now lived in Ecuador, the address that she gave was a Post Office box in Quito. When the brothel was eventually raided she was able to persuade the police that she was a sex slave and the whole thing was run and owned by her brother. As there is no extradition treaty between the UK and Ecuador the police could do nothing. All the money from the brothel had been channelled through a "shell" company that she set up in the Cayman Islands thus avoiding UK tax. When she eventually had to go into care, despite living in a 7 bedroomed house overlooking Hampstead Heath and worth about £10M, she avoided having to pay care fees as the house was actually owned by another "shell" company that she set up in Panama. So all the money eventually came to me.

P.S. I made all this up but its better than the drivel and bragging that we usually hear from Brian !!!

This could be behind the email I received telling me there was £10.5 million waiting for me in Nigeria. I only have to supply them with my bank details.  :)

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:58:37 PM »
Before it stinks of dogs ;D ;D
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »
Funny you should say that PP, just collected my new car. Had to wait a few weeks as I also wanted it yellow. Well pleased  ;D ;D ;D

This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Phil

« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »

Humour Brian, humour.

Yes PP's just joking about Yellow as he knows that he's bought the Flame Red one.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin