Author Topic: Peregrines. A new generation is borne.  (Read 1890 times)

Dickie

Re: Peregrines. A new generation is borne.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »
I think it is a sport that is dying out - especially in urban areas where people are not very keen on the mess they make on roofs. I think those who do still participate have been obliged to buy or rent land out of town - if they do not live in the countryside.

Although I did not participate much once I became a teenager - it occupied virtually all of my parents spare time - the loft had to be cleaned out each day [my mother did this weekdays]. I don't think she actually enjoyed this - but she was very fond of the pigeons. Most pigeon fanciers [thats what they call themselves] are pretty ruthless and will literally ring their necks if one is considered surplus to requirements. But our family was like the chap you mention - very upset if one failed to get home.

Good sport though - very exciting on race day - even if your first bird home decides to sit on the roof for a while when getting back - rather than returning to the loft so that the rubber ring on its leg could be 'clocked in' in a special clock.

Blooming heck tom I read that if one returned late they actually did wring it's neck but I didn't believe it until you said it .
When I lived where they did a HUNT  it was so awful because if a dog got lost the newspapers said the owner would collect the dog and once back home it was SHOT MY GOD THATSSSSSS TRUE TOM xxxxx

Wow zoony I've just seen you pop in before me and I'm totally bogsmacked at reading that about our Queen . Thanks darling and I'm going to charge up now for a few hours so see you later xxxxxxxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »
Hunt people are disgusting Dickie not just because of what they do to our wildlife but also the terrible way they treat their hounds. They are deliberately kept short of food so that they are hungry and therefore hunt better and yes, as you said, if the hound doesn't perform it's simply shot!
Horrible people!!!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Dickie

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »
Hunt people are disgusting Dickie not just because of what they do to our wildlife but also the terrible way they treat their hounds. They are deliberately kept short of food so that they are hungry and therefore hunt better and yes, as you said, if the hound doesn't perform it's simply shot!
Horrible people!!!

Oh caveman you obviously know the hunt people so so well . Just a disgusting bunch of people and one time I put my car across a driveway so the hounds couldn't get through and one of the riders threw a flask of whatever it was at me . Bless you for knowing about how they kept the hounds hungry and oh it was heartbreaking watching them come back for a hound who had gone astray and watch him whipping this poor dog into the back of the truck . I'm sure they can't all be rotten like this but what I watched was awful . Just like hare coursing caveman darling and the police told Pete if I didn't keep out of it I would possible be in danger and the policeman said huge money is involved here so if I kept blocking their way I was putting myself at risk . Even when hare coursing was banned it didn't stop them plus the fox hunting didn't stop either . They always said the fox was old or ill so that was their excuse for the fox being caught . Don't think badly of me anyone who supports these " sports" but the hare sound like someone is screaming TRULY THEY DO xxxxxxxx
Wow , I知 amazed I found you all again . I知 useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Dickie

« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2017, 02:43:39 AM »
Now I've remembered something else from my past where they hare coursed and fox hunted but right at the back of the fields they had HUGEEEEEEE fenced in areas and it was shocking to walk along the horse tracks and see thousands of peasants all caged in and only let go when the farmers shooting season was ready . Blimey I had forgotten so much about those days and that's when  had a really awful stroke and was in a wheelchair for a year but I'm remembering more and more and more and that amazes me and makes me think why didn't I remember all of this at least a few years back or even after moving here . I'm a bit shocked at what I keep remembering and I don't suppose anyone can tell me why this last year I can remember all of this when I didn't before pleaseeeee xxxxxxxx