Author Topic: are people happy today,  (Read 1971 times)

Traveller

Re: are people happy today,
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »
Sing songs at the pub ::)

It sort of reminds me of the film "Educating Rita".  She is in the pub and everyone around her is singing some old timey “ain’t we got fun” kind of song and she doesn’t want to know the words anymore.   Rita glances over at her mother, notices she’s crying as asks her why.
Her mother says, “There must be better songs to sing than this.” which becomes Rita’s mission statement.

I've never been one for that sort of place and don't regret their demise.  I do regret the demise of pubs that sold proper ale and didn't have slot machines. 

But generally, I am happy, and if I'm not I can just look over my back fence at the rolling countryside.  If it's really bad, I watch the sea on a rough day. 
You'll have had your tea.

Alfred

« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »

Hello Sheila,
iv just caught up with the posts, so  here's   wishing you a very happy birthday,.

Sheila

« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
Thank you Alfred. 

Johned

« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »
Lately we seem to have had numerous relatives and friends, contemporaries who have fallen by the wayside.  Yet thankfully despite health problems my wife and self are still here and are fortunate enough to have a loving family so we are very happy indeed.  I can find enjoyment in reading, drawing and painting, coaxing a tune out of my keyboard and generally pottering about.  Perhaps unsophisticated pastimes to some but very fulfilling to a relatively simple undemanding soul like me.  Plus if we want "foreign" travel, there is always that Mecca of the East, Skegness just down the road.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #19 on: Apr 04, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
Yep, I'm (we're) happy thank you. We have our health as have both our sons. Lovely new home, and Mella, and she's definitely happy...............

This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

minniemouse

« Reply #20 on: Apr 04, 2017, 10:10:35 PM »
Mella looks adorable.   
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

firenze

« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:32:54 AM »
That's joy...Mella really rolls on her ball :D
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Sheila

« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 2017, 06:50:22 AM »
I think Mella is a lucky dog.  She looks very happy but I'm not surprised as I know she goes on lots of lovely walks.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #23 on: Apr 05, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
Indeed, she is our constant companion! Having walked with me and my camera from her puppy days, when I stop to watch or take a photo, she just comes and sits by me. If it's a bit longer she just lies down. She's a wonderful little dog, very girlie!!!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625