Author Topic: Pension payment  (Read 6516 times)

Vivk

Pension payment
« on: Apr 04, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
Is anyone experiencing late payment of the state pension?

zoony

Re: Pension payment
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »
Hello Viv, welcome to PF..That would be a no from me.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

StephenM123

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »
Are you recently retired? In what respect do you mean late? The pension is paid in arrears but the actual date is determined by your NI number which can be confusing!

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »
No
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »
Vivk are you there?

300s

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »
I waited 4 weeks after retirement date and only received 3 weeks pension. I did complain but never received a sensible reply from the pension department. They stated it was something to do with the day of the week that I retired.

Phil

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:55:39 PM »
I waited 4 weeks after retirement date and only received 3 weeks pension. I did complain but never received a sensible reply from the pension department. They stated it was something to do with the day of the week that I retired.

The fact that it didn't make sense to you doesn't mean that it didn't make sense.

The DWP's explanation is correct.

Your first payment is made at the end of the first full week after you reach State Pension age. It won’t include the time between reaching State Pension age and your normal payment day if that’s less than one week.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

300s

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2017, 11:24:47 PM »
I agree with what you state. The problem was that my retirement day was Saturday and they stated that pensions start from Monday to Sunday therefore I was one day short of a full weeks money and that they only pay for qualified full weeks and do cannot pay for individual days. So in effect I lost 6 days pension, one day short of a full week which at that time equalled a loss of over £100 because I was born on the wrong day of the week. My wife retired on a Monday and received the full 4 weeks due.
When you add up all the pensioners that do not retire on Mondays it adds up to quite a saving for HMG.

Phil

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »
I agree with what you state. The problem was that my retirement day was Saturday and they stated that pensions start from Monday to Sunday therefore I was one day short of a full weeks money and that they only pay for qualified full weeks and do cannot pay for individual days. So in effect I lost 6 days pension, one day short of a full week which at that time equalled a loss of over £100 because I was born on the wrong day of the week. My wife retired on a Monday and received the full 4 weeks due.
When you add up all the pensioners that do not retire on Mondays it adds up to quite a saving for HMG.

Although I agree it's annoying but the same applies to any legislation with a cut-off date.

There are people whose retirement has been extended by 2 years due to being born a day too late.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

brian54

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »

Although I agree it's annoying but the same applies to any legislation with a cut-off date.

There are people whose retirement has been extended by 2 years due to being born a day too late.

Even private pensions have anomalies. I joined the company I worked for 3 days before the rules changed and joined the pension scheme on the first day.
As a result I get nearly £800 a year more pension.
Every year I get a phone call from the auditors saying I am being paid too much and I have to have the same boring conversation to correct them.
A different auditor examines my records every year.

Akbuk

« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:42:26 PM »
I/we hit pension age earlier this year, the wife a few weeks before me. Like any good woman, she was on her entitlement like a rash. When it came to my turn, I sort of got lazy about it or it might've been I couldn't believe I had hit that age !!
Anyway after continuous nagging by the whole of the family I applied for it, couldn't believe how easy it was via the phone. Few days later I get a four page letter telling me that I'm owed £2,300........RESULT. The question is, did I tell my wife? We went halves, as you do :-)

I’m a real he/him.

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2017, 06:04:57 AM »
Just in time for Christmas!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Akbuk

« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »
Just in time for Christmas!

I haven't touched mine, whereas the wife done hers in cold blood. In her defence.........I know that she wouldn't have spent it on herself. Our kids will always be kids & be given "gifts" accordingly. Deep down I don't mind, just so long as I'm not told about it..........
I’m a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Do you get a reduced state pension Akbuk with living abroad  ?   

JCBDriver

« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
Ours is paid every 4 weeks on the dot. The only issue I had with mine was trying to understand how they arrived at the sum to be paid. It took several calls to the DWP to get a handle on the various items on the make-up detail.