Author Topic: andy gray  (Read 2172 times)

caminito

andy gray
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
Gray, 55, who reportedly earned £1.7million per year, had been suspended after making rude remarks about referee’s assistant Sian Massey on Saturday.
His future had been lying in the balance after he was suspended for last night’s match between Bolton and Chelsea.
Sian Massey, the 25-year-old assistant at the centre of the row, has withdrawn from tonight's match between Crewe Alexandra and Bradford City where she was supposed to be the lineswoman.

So, Gray has been sacked due to Sexism towards a female linesman.
None of this would have happened if she stayed in the kitchen.

Following the controversial comments made by Andy Gray and Richard Keys on having a woman linesman, it's now being heard that the female lines'woman' in question was very upset even before kick off...
When she discovered that the referee and the other linesmen were wearing the same outfit as her.

I am delighted that Andy Gray has been sacked. Fair play to Sky for recognising his offensive behaviour and views that frankly have no place in modern day life let alone Football.
I say its time to stop the belittling, patronising and offensive remarks aimed at Sian Massey and let her continue with her job in the same professional manner she has shown so far. I look forward to seeing her officiate soon and really make a difference.....in her cute little shorts.
 ;D

So, Andy Gray's been fired for sexist comments on air.
Surely, the whole cast of Loose Women should be fired too!?  ::)

Chrisjay

Re: andy gray
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:48:59 AM »
Surprise surprise I am not a woman's libber as I have always been equal (if not more equal) to any man and I have always been confident I did not need any equal opportunity law to 'allow' me to be equal.

I think the sacking is over the top particularly when it was a private conversation not meant to be heard and people being people often say stupid things in jest or showing off.  Are we all not guilty of making flippant comments how many women will say men cannot multi task, they may not be able to do it as well as we do but they can make a credible effort at it ;D

I still like men to open the door for me - it makes them look good - and I enjoy being able to say thank you to often a complete stranger which makes me feel good.  Double standards no good manners on both sides.

I agree loose women if you apply the same rules which we should needs cleaning up.  But really professionalism should come into it when it comes to the media and we now have really dirty TV in that anything seems to go from Johnathan Ross's antics, showing very explicit how to sex programmes, spitting and dirty tactics in sport, down to the horrendous story lines before the watershed in the TV soaps where nothing is barred apparently.

There are equally women who make derogatory comments about men with few complaints and one needs to remember that the UK women's football team is far more successful than its male counterparts - do we acknowledge or praise no - football is a mans world so it seems.

Women who are equal do not need to prove it they know it and the same applies to men - I would have more respect for the media outrage at the comments from Gray and Keys if the same outrage was aimed at the rising number of immigrant women kept subservient to men in this country by dress and religion or the number of men now victims of domestic violence or even doing something about the way courts almost always give residence to the mother, fail to enforce 'joint' parenting and make fathers pay for their children even when they have no access (unless their is violence or abuse) now there are a few cans of worms to think on and discuss ???

avalonmpk2

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
If this moron had made a comment like this to my daughter I would not have sacked him I would castrate him!!!
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES

Chrisjay

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:43:33 PM »
I would hope you're daughter would be more than able to retaliate as the 'modern' woman usually needs little assistance and if you cannot stick up for yourself in the workplace male or female then there really is a confidence problem there.

If on the other hand he had done anything physical then castration would be too good but lets remember there is as much gender discrimination against men as there is against women as mentioned by Caminito Loose women is a prime example.

avalonmpk2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »
What happened to chivalry?
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
Unfortunately the perception of chivalry is its a mans role and women can be as rude as they like, what is the problem with opening doors and being thanked for doing so or giving up your seat and being thanked regardless of gender?

If women want equality and equal pay they must be up to the job and act as equals rather than as many do trying to work there way up by being little cute dolly birds and think that glam makeup and short skirts is enough.

Notice it is a woman saying this as a man would be disciplined and sensored  hardly equality:-\

avalonmpk2

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Three-quarters of a century ago my grandfather made a statement: ''  'All females are ladies, and all ladies are young' if you treat the fair sex thus you will live a tolerable life' '' I still see no reason in these so called modern times any reason to treat the opposite sex with anything other than respect, if they choose to abuse that respect - then pity the human race.
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:15:37 PM »
I agree totally with the 'opposite sex' as I hope I would always treat men with respect in the work environment (not so sure in some other places  ;D)

I do think there is double standard operating with the sexes as if a man makes a smutty comment about what he would like a woman to do(although not to her directly) and someone else dobs him in he is fired.  Would the same apply if a woman said she would love to spend the night with him again not directly or commented on his manhood or the size of his feet - I think not.

We are heading for an environment where everyone is frightened to have a laugh with a colleague or tell a joke with any sexual connotation and there be no lighthearted banter - what a miserable life we will be leading soon if that is the case.

caminito

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
Andy Gray's Resignation Letter

Andy Gray's Resignation Letter........

I'm so sad to be leaving a company that I've served for over 20 years and a job that I've loved doing.

However, as I'm sacked anyway, I might as well tell you the story about my friend that I was going to tell on air next week.

You see, she got a job as a teacher of physical education to a group of teenage boys.

One day she notices a boy in the field standing alone at one end of the field, while all the other kids are running around at the other end having fun.

She takes pity on him and decides to speak to him.

"You ok sweetheart?" she says.

"Yes Miss" he replies.

"'You can go and play with the other kids if you want" she says.

"It's best I stay here Miss. " he says.

"Why?" asks the blonde.

The boy replies: "Because I'm the f***ing goal keeper"

Yours sincerely.

Andy Gray

"Sky have moved on from the Richard Keys and Andy Gray incident - they've replaced them with a couple of naked girls in a bath who kiss every time a goal is scored"  ::)

avalonmpk2

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
Further to my response No. 6
I have just seen the female of the species display the most disgusting traits that I hope no young woman or Young girl would ever take as a role model:
It was called loose women, aptly titled, a disgrace and certainly not to be watched by any self respecting woman
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
Thank goodness I never watch it as it is hardly viewing to be mentioned to ladies like myself.  ;D

It has been commented on in several threads that if the same rules applied to the women of this programme as was to Gray & Keys it would be off the sir.

However this comes from someone who just didn't get the car programme Top Gear until someone told me it was a comedy and I still don't get it so never watch it. Both programmes I have only watched out of politeness at other peoples homes when visiting. :-\

avalonmpk2

« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
Why is it that the only self respecting females only seem to survive in the or hail from the Dominions
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
Sorry don't understand this  ???

avalonmpk2

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »
Dominions were self governing territories of the british empire/commonwealth: Australia, Canada, Newzealand, South Africa etc.
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »
Oh thank you you were being nice to me   :-* :-*