Author Topic: The vultures are already out.  (Read 6303 times)

Scrumpy

Re: The vultures are already out.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 20, 2017, 08:11:10 AM »

This does my head in.. All this talk about charities and how much you give.. All these nosey neighbours
who supposedly tell you what to do with property that is not even yours.!

I couldn't bear to live in your area Brian. I would have thought you might have moved away from it all by now.
Just go out for a walk with your lovely dogs and look straight ahead.

I am so pleased that no-one in my area gives a damn as to what the neighbours spend their money on..
We are too busy checking out the offers at the Co-op..  who is having any affairs.. and Happy that the road nearby is being resurfaced because of pot holes.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sueboo

« Reply #31 on: Apr 20, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »
How do the neighbours know about your family business? 

Think maybe in the future it maybe a good idea to have a word with family members to keep family business private.   :)

My family have given generously over the years to different charities but no way would we mention it to neighbours etc.  It is a private thing to us.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

peterpensioner

« Reply #32 on: Apr 20, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
I think Brian is a "wind up merchant" and puts these silly posts on just to upset people - shame really. Brian a bit of advice - get a life !!!!!

Phil

« Reply #33 on: Apr 20, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »
I think Brian is a "wind up merchant" and puts these silly posts on just to upset people - shame really. Brian a bit of advice - get a life !!!!!

Whilst you may see them as 'silly posts', many of Brian's posts reinforce the message about the importance of making watertight arrangements for certain eventualities & I hope he continues to do so.

We have a well-written Deed of Trust that protects a very large amount of money that my wife loaned to her parents in order for them to buy a house in an area that, otherwise, they could not have afforded to live.

At the time, when her parents were out with their begging bowl, everything was rosy but after they'd got the cash her mother soon reverted to form & thought she could ensure that my wife's brother would be able to live in the house after her death by giving him her power of attorney.

Her solicitor told us that there was a possibility that he could remain in the property until I pointed out clause 3.1 that prevented her from creating any interest in the property which means that although the brother can live with her mother, he has no legal occupancy & he will be required to vacate the property, which will then be sold, when either her mother dies or goes into care.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

brian54

« Reply #34 on: Apr 20, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

How do the neighbours know about your family business? 

Think maybe in the future it maybe a good idea to have a word with family members to keep family business private.   :)

My family have given generously over the years to different charities but no way would we mention it to neighbours etc.  It is a private thing to us.

There are several members of the wider family who live nearby and in most cases when a parent dies the offspring go and live in the inherited property so people work out it has gone to the offspring. My house is second generation and there are others which are third.
When there is a charity event be it Macmillan or CRUK a couple of the members of our family are usually there helping. We can not however be at every charity event in the area.
One of my cousins is thinking about moving in to my uncles house. She works about 25 miles away but she has not got long to retirement and it is about a 45 minute commute.

brian54

« Reply #35 on: Apr 20, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »

This does my head in.. All this talk about charities and how much you give.. All these nosey neighbours

I couldn't bear to live in your area Brian. I would have thought you might have moved away from it all by now.

I am so pleased that no-one in my area gives a damn as to what the neighbours spend their money on..
We are too busy checking out the offers at the Co-op..  who is having any affairs.. and Happy that the road nearby is being resurfaced because of pot holes.

Went for a walk in Lichfield with my doggies and we had some food on an outside table.
We did meet some people from the next street but they were not involved in inheritance disputes etc.
They took a bit of love off Andy and Peter. They told me they mainly supported the British Heart Foundation.
That is fine as far as I am concerned. As far as I am aware there have never been any heart problems in our family but who knows what the future has in store.
They said as far as they are aware cancer has never happened in their family. We all have reasons for what we support.

zoony

« Reply #36 on: Apr 20, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »

Four words Scrumpy, you can disentangle them:  'breath', 'you're', 'wasting' and 'your'.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #37 on: Apr 21, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »
I must say I am a bit surprised that so many neighbours poke their noses into private affairs, I have always found that British people don't care who you are, don't care if you are rich or poor, don't want to know what religion you adhere to or not, and that is why we are offended by people who wear their religion in our faces.