Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 3212 times)

brian54

Smoking
« on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:43:12 PM »

A man said today that it was unfair that some of us appeared reasonably well off where as he never had any money.
He always has a cigarette in his mouth.
I asked him how many he smoked and he said 35 to 40 a day.
Could the reasons for his financial problems be in his mouth.

Ashy

Re: Smoking
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »
At roughly £10 a box of 18 (so I am told) I think the answer is "yes" that's £130 a week plus a cough.

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »
You've put this on before Brian. Not your business so give it a rest mate?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

brian54

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »

At roughly £10 a box of 18 (so I am told) I think the answer is "yes" that's £130 a week plus a cough.

I think he is a pensioner and £130 is more than my state pension.

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »

You've put this on before Brian. Not your business so give it a rest mate?

I think it is. A group of smokers congregated outside the doors of the hospital this morning. There was no way in or out without going through the smokers/

David G

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
Also £10 a week more than my State pension and I see people on the television whinging about struggling on £1600 and £1800 PER MONTH benefits and notice they all have a cigarette drooping out of their mouths, they have no concept of what being poor is, ingrates all of them.

Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

brian54

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »

Also £10 a week more than my State pension and I see people on the television whinging about struggling on £1600 and £1800 PER MONTH benefits and notice they all have a cigarette drooping out of their mouths, they have no concept of what being poor is, ingrates all of them.

Well I get just over £100 a day from my various pensions and I am too poor to smoke with 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters and 2 dogs.

David G

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2017, 11:11:35 PM »
So your income is more than 3 times mine Brian and I get by reasonably comfortably and have money left over at the end of the month whereas you make out that you barely manage.
I reckon you could afford to smoke and light your ciggies with fivers, you're one of these wealthy pensioners I've heard about.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

brian54

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »

So your income is more than 3 times mine Brian and I get by reasonably comfortably and have money left over at the end of the month whereas you make out that you barely manage.
I reckon you could afford to smoke and light your ciggies with fivers, you're one of these wealthy pensioners I've heard about.

No way. I have spent a lot on my granddaughters over the last 2 weeks. Andy and Peter have had to work longer and harder for no extra pay, They also walk my granddaughters to school.

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »

Well I get just over £100 a day from my various pensions and I am too poor to smoke with 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters and 2 dogs.

I've just pipped you Brian as I get £105 a day. (crossing my fingers as I type is a feat  ;D )  Shall I give you the name of my financial advisor  ?   8)

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

Oh dear Brian ..I too beat you by a vast amount... Poor you...

I had a great financial advisor... The same one as Alex22 I shouldn't wonder..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2017, 12:20:49 PM »

Brian... You should buy yourself a Worry Doll... Then you could stick pins in it every time you see something that worries you..

I am surprised that you have so many worries . with so much money.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

brian54

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »

I've just pipped you Brian as I get £105 a day. (crossing my fingers as I type is a feat  ;D )  Shall I give you the name of my financial advisor  ?   8)

My pension rise is due in August so I think it will be a bit more than £105 then.
I do have some share dividends as well.

peterpensioner

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »
This site is starting to sadden me. It used to be a chatty friendly site - its fast becoming a "I have more money that you" site. Come on money isn't everything !

sparky

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »
Brian, As you are so wealthy compared to the rest of us  paupers, could you put a bit by each week till the end of the year, and then  you could take all us poor individuals out for a massive p**s up.