Author Topic: Social Worker said she would gladly pay her step mother's care fees.  (Read 1337 times)

brian54

Just been to discuss the welfare of a lady's step mother.
Like on other occasions the daughter inherited her mother's half of the house after her mother's death and she was left her father's half on condition she let her step mother reside in it until death or going in to care.
As well as saying tenants in common arrangements are immoral she did say a lot of offspring prefer to pay the parents / stepparents fees rather than letting the taxpayer pick up the bill.
The social worker said if she had inherited a house she would be glad to pick up the step mother's care fees.
I find that unbelievable.

minniemouse

Is she on commission ???
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

sueboo

Must be a bl...dy well paid Social Worker, Going down the line of sadly having to put my Mum in a care home and self funding, the weekly fee is quite frightening.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

brian54

Must be a bl...dy well paid Social Worker, Going down the line of sadly having to put my Mum in a care home and self funding, the weekly fee is quite frightening.

I suppose the social worker may think a £300,000 house is a lot for 1 daughter to inherit but that was the terms of her parents will. The step mother's care fees are nothing to do with the daughter. The council should be thanking her for what herself and her father did for the council as they took the step mother out of local authority housing instead of wanting the house sold to pay the step mother's care fees.

sueboo

Just been to discuss the welfare of a lady's step mother.

Are you a Social Worker Brian??
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

brian54

I am not a social worker. I think the social worker wanted the step daughter in to see if they could extract money from her.
The social worker kept on saying there was no money to pay and what was she expected to do.
The daughter was not interested.

Phil

Are you a Social Worker Brian??

I'd think that the last person I'd want to represent me in my dealings with a social worker would be another waste-of-space social worker.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

brian54

I'd think that the last person I'd want to represent me in my dealings with a social worker would be another waste-of-space social worker.

I think they assess the type of home needed ok but as soon as they sniff money they want it used to pay the fees regardless of if it belongs to the patient.
I am sure they must have come across situations where arrangements are set up so when a late in life marriage happens the spouse is entitled to stay in the house for the rest of their life but they have no ownership of the house.