Author Topic: Dear Diary..  (Read 15056 times)

Dickie

Re: Dear Diary..
« Reply #285 on: Jun 24, 2017, 09:42:19 PM »
Dear Diary , my little friend scrumps put my mind at rest and now I'm  settled in front of the TV  quite happy and not worried about my dicks thank god . Night night scrumpyyyyyyy and I'll call you after thenlottrey is drawn yeahhhhhhh xxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Scrumpy

« Reply #286 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »

I waited for your call.. We will win next time..x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

firenze

« Reply #287 on: Jun 25, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
Dickie...I'm worried about " Dicks" too!  I used to have a variety of them calling.
The variety of breeds are no longer there.
     I used to spend time with my son near Milan. Never saw a bird at all!  They ate them I think!

I've put my Passport away again Dickie!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Scrumpy

« Reply #288 on: Jun 25, 2017, 12:47:59 PM »
When I was visiting my sister-in-law who is Spanish and lives in the hills of Spain they had wild birds in cages.
 I thought they were 'pets'..... Wrong.

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Newnotold

« Reply #289 on: Jun 25, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »
Dear Diary,

No. 1 son is at the hospital yet again, this time he's had an accident.  He's been sitting in A&E forever in agony.  NHS is wonderful, but weekends are not the time to have an accident............they are so busy.

Dickie

« Reply #290 on: Jun 26, 2017, 05:47:23 PM »
I was passing a hospital and saw a mad woman running outside screaming where are my dicks and suddenly the police arrived and said clear off everyone we are looking for a murderer and one of the mentally ill patients called her scrumpyyyyyy xxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Traveller

« Reply #291 on: Jun 27, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
Dear diary, the new piggies have arrived.  Black 'Berkshire' boars.  They're tiny now, but in 4 or 5 months, they'll be 80-90kg eating machines.   I like pigs. They don't need much looking after and after you've eaten home-grown pork, you'll never buy supermarket pork again.
You'll have had your tea.

Johned

« Reply #292 on: Jun 27, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »
I think I would become so attached to the pigs Traveller, I would not have the heart to kill and eat them.  I recall after the war my mother kept chickens to eke out the egg ration.  One of her hens was named Bertha and seemed very attached to my mother.  In course of time as she had stopped laying eggs, dad despatched her and one Sunday there she was on our Sunday Dinner table.  Mother promptly burst into tears and none of us could touch a mouthful; exeat Bertha, poor soul!

Scrumpy

« Reply #293 on: Jun 27, 2017, 03:59:11 PM »
Dear Diary.
I have a gap between floor and wall in the bathroom.. It is because I took ceramic tiles up and replaced them with vinyl
flooring.. Today I measured the length of each piece of skirting wood that I had bought in Homebase this morning..
Ready to fit in place.
I found a saw in the shed and some sandpaper and I was on a roll.
The bathroom is up stairs. The saw.. pencil,and tape measure are on the decking some away from the bathroom.
I did many trips because the pencil was in the bathroom and I was on the decking.. The measure was on the decking and I was in the bathroom. I cut the right length of wood off the strip and wondered why it didn't fit when I tried to put it in place.... swore... Then realised that the right piece of wood was on the decking floor.
I put on an undercoat.. topcoat.. lunch.. topcoat.. Tomorrow I will be putting them in place.
  Or another trip to Homebase.!

Traveller.. I like pork but I couldn't eat one that had looked into my eyes..
Johned. When I was a kid the lady next door had (pet) rabbits in cages... I used to cuddle them..
  I cried when she ate them..

Traveller

« Reply #294 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:05:48 PM »
A few generations ago, my family were farmers, and I think I must have a 'farming gene' in my blood.   The  farmers I have met care passionately about their livestock.  Along with our friends who own the smallholding, we spend time effort and money looking after the pigs, sheep and chickens...  BUT  ultimately they are for food.
The same goes for the occasional Roe deer, pheasant, duck etc.. that comes my way.   I have no trouble butchering - and eating them.

In general, we never give the animals names.  The exception is the registered pedigree ones and their names start with a 'year letter' - just like a car registration.

Pure breed Berkshire boars....

Newnotold

« Reply #295 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:29:51 PM »
Awww, bless, pigs are such darlings.   Been a veggie for nearly 40 years but still hanker after a bacon buttie

Scrumpy

« Reply #296 on: Jun 27, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
He is a handsome pig Traveller . I suppose we meat eaters must be grateful that you can do what you do. We say  'Ooo and aww' .. But we eat them .

Newnotold .. How is your no 1 son.? I hope it was nothing too serious.

Newnotold

« Reply #297 on: Jun 27, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »
No nothing too serious thanks for asking Scrumpy.  He had all the tests and was sent away with enough pills to soothe an army for a month so is currently in la la land not bothering too much about anything.   
Here's hoping none of them are addictive  ::)

Traveller

« Reply #298 on: Jun 28, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »
Dear Diary...  I've just left Mrs. T's car into the garage for a service - or 'inspection' as VW call it.   Time seems to be flying by - the car is almost 2 years old now and with just over 10k miles, but it doesn't seem that long since we bought it.   Anyway, it's off into the garden for a spot of weeding.

StephenM123

« Reply #299 on: Jun 29, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Took the Jag out for a drive this morning for the first time in over a fortnight - felt to ill then and was in hospital a few days later. Great feeling of freedom. Stopped at a garden centre for a coffee (quiet as mid-week and overcast). The cook was happy to go "off menu" and did me a tasty low carb breakfast! So relaxing I did not even get worked up about the clown in a Q7 who followed me between 3 - 6 feet behind foe over a mile!