Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 1491 times)

zoony

Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »
Couldn't see an artist credit but that timbre sounds very much like a young-ish Vera Lynn...
[email protected]

Dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. Being kept alive is.
A Freudian slip: When you say one thing but mean your mother.

Coastal

« Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2017, 11:48:19 PM »
Just listened again and I think you're right, just googled it and she has done a version but it's not available on youtube
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

When it comes to playing a musical instrument
I'm ambidextrous, I'm crap with both hands.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Jun 05, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »
Possibly why it's not got her name on it then....Not hard to do..Her estate might be interested in a fat lawsuit.. ;D
[email protected]

Grumpyfrog

« Reply #18 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:29:46 AM »
Just for you Grumpy

https://youtu.be/crKVBlfAGlU

This was one of the songs that came with my first "record player" (not this version) but I can still remember most of the words

See.
Frogs are so popular they write songs about us!  ;)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left!  Seasick Steve 2008

[email protected]

minniemouse

« Reply #19 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »
Glad to see I was in the supporting cast, even if it was just a walk on part.  ;D
I quit my job at the Helium gas factory.  I refused to be spoken to in that tone.

A man just assaulted me with milk, cream & butter.
How dairy.

BiPolar

« Reply #20 on: Jun 05, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
Hello BiPolar.... I hope you are being brave and dipping a toe in the forum, it gets easier.  If you begin with two left feet that's fine too either way make a start, the forum is a comfortable place try it!

Coastal

« Reply #21 on: Jun 05, 2017, 01:42:33 PM »
BP, don't be put off by us lot, we are always going off the subject (and sometimes we do get told off for it) all comers are welcome, so join in on any subject and whatever takes your fancy.
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

When it comes to playing a musical instrument
I'm ambidextrous, I'm crap with both hands.

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #22 on: Jun 05, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
hi, bipolar, welcome to our group, I visit a bipolar friend in hospital ave; four times per week,  hopefully he will be home in the near future,  I think it's important for the patient and family and friends, to ask as many questions as possible about this condition and also for yourself, to understand as much as you can,  I can see you have a very caring son, who is taking an interest in helping as much as possible, its to his credit he has arranged to have you close to him, so that he is able to support you as much as possible, I don't wish to discuss your bipolar, I am no expert, unless you think my experiences, just as a friend and observer, [of/to my friend]  might help,    but am open to discuss with you or your son,  if indeed you think my limited experiences  may be of help, even if it is just for reassurance.     in the mean time, get involved, laugh, sing, get serious, its all on here for you. :)   my regards to your  son, journalist1 

minniemouse

« Reply #23 on: Jun 05, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »
Hi Bi-Polar.  I don't know why but I thought Journalist1 was female.  I don't think its clear whether its your daughter or son, unless I've missed something!
Hope you enjoy the forum.
I quit my job at the Helium gas factory.  I refused to be spoken to in that tone.

How dairy.

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Jun 05, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
....Yes chuck, we're also a nosy[size=100%] bunch...[/size] ;D
[email protected]

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #25 on: Jun 05, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »
minniemouse, can't say why I thought journalist1 was a man, of course lots of forum members have thought me to be a woman ???

Grumpyfrog

« Reply #26 on: Jun 05, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
minniemouse, can't say why I thought journalist1 was a man, of course lots of forum members have thought me to be a woman ???

I have even been accused once, of having a sense of humour!

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left!  Seasick Steve 2008

[email protected]

BiPolar

« Reply #27 on: Jun 05, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
Hi Bi-Polar.  I don't know why but I thought Journalist1 was female.  I don't think its clear whether its your daughter or son, unless I've missed something!

Oh no, I am gender endangered! ;-) Hello, MinnieMouse, I am Journalist1, BiPolar's son. I've popped on because mum is having difficulty making sense of the layout and how it all works so I've been reading the replies to her which she loved. Hopefully, she will make more sense of it all as I spend time each week on the Ipad with her.

Thanks to everyone for your kind replies to Mum.

Bye!

admissionqad

« Reply #28 on: Jun 08, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
hai this is mallesh.... from India.....
Having 5+ years of experience..........
helps students to get admission in top colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka, India....

minniemouse

« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »
hai this is mallesh.... from India.....
Having 5+ years of experience..........
helps students to get admission in top colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka, India....
Hi Mallesh,

How dairy.