Author Topic: Age discrimination  (Read 3317 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Age discrimination
« on: Apr 03, 2006, 08:49:52 PM »
Has anyone any experiences of age discrimination?

Been refused credit, or has a doctor decided not to refer you to a consultant, simply because you are ‘too old’?

blue7

Re: Age discrimination
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2006, 07:50:50 AM »
 >:(

blue7

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2006, 08:05:15 AM »
Hi
I am 65 and what really bug's me is a 75 year old don't have to pay for a TV licence it is just as hard for me to find the money as a 75 year old, This is age discrimination at it's best.

Snail

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2006, 06:57:02 PM »
I'm 75 and what bugs me, after waiting all this time, they are talking about scrapping the licence fee. I only watch it after 9 o'clock anyway.

Sally

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
It's age discrimination also when B&Q give me 10% discount each Wednesday, and when I can travel free on the buses, as well as discounts at the Cinema, hairdressers etc.  So - it's OK when it's to our advantage but we'll complain when it isn't?

Florence

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »
I feel discriminated against at work most days. Nothing is usually said but you can tell by the rolling eyes thepat on the shoulder,the innuendo. Then theres the patronizing infant talk you get from bus drivers shop keepers,etc. Really do they think we never lived !!!!

Florence ::) ::) ::)

Sally

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:39:16 PM »
I don't think anybody would dare trying patronising infant talk with me, and if they did I would look around and ask who the child was that they were talking to!  I know, I'm not a nice person to know but I won't fall into whatever category they think I should fall into.  It's a state of mind, so always consider yourself to be the same age as the person who is talking to you.