Author Topic: Grow Bags!  (Read 927 times)

firenze

Grow Bags!
« on: Jun 11, 2017, 02:23:18 PM »
Does anyone grow anything?  These things seem a thing of the past, enormously satisfying to see such a boring bag produce Green Beans. I used to do this in my yard here after I downsized and had withdrawal symptoms from my garden. plus in bag no.2 I grew spuds. My Fig tree is the only producer of natures bounty now. Scrumpy...Figs soaked in Brandy as Sheila recommends is superb 
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

sueboo

Re: Grow Bags!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »
When we were living at our last house we had a huge garden after buying extra land at the back of our house from the farmer we grew many different types of fruit and vegetables as always been keen gardeners.

Enjoyed growing all the usual salad crops plus spuds, carrots, beans, peas, onions, sweetcorn, purple sprouting and our pride and joy our asparagus bed.  Also had apple, plum, cherry trees, gooseberries, black n redcurrants, rhubarb, tayberries, and blackberries.   

However, found that as we went away more and more in the van it became a chore but it was great whilst it lasted.  Nothing quite like it living the good life going out of back door and picking the freshest organic produce.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

firenze

Re: Grow Bags!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
Sue boo...it's satisfying to grow isn't it but soon a chore, sit and admire whilst lazily sipping wine is ideal! But blooming things don't stay still do they and demand attention.  So been there and done that mostly.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.