Author Topic: Phone calls  (Read 2683 times)

Dayjo

Re: Phone calls
« Reply #15 on: Jun 15, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
Dayjo.
Ooh what you using the ballraces for.

Its not one of you bu**ers on here trying to gain access to that £2.46 I have in my bank savings account is it.

Hello MC.
Ball races? Lots of 'em, in my stationary engines.

Setting up, for a show day.......

Your life savings are safe, on here.  ;)
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Dickie

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
I am new to this forum. What complicated lives some of you lead.I have never received a nuisance call or a dodgy email.Should I feel deprived?

Yes Emmy hehehehe or give them my phone number because I get at least one a day . I did tell some of them I belonged to TPS but honestly I don't think they had heard of TPS boo hoo xxx

Welcome I forgot to say xxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »
Hello MC.
Ball races? Lots of 'em, in my stationary engines.
Is that you in the funny hat Dayjo ;D
Nice models though!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Alfred

« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »

Hello Emmy,

its always nice to see new members coming on the forum so a warm welcome to you, pleased to have you on board,

alfred,

minniemouse

« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
Dayjo.
Ooh what you using the ballraces for. I used to fit loads of them all different sizes on the printing machines I worked on. 607 2zr shielded mostly on the ink/fount system rollers as they collapsed the most. God that's sad its still I have that inside my head.

Just thought, those phishing emails started when I used my other than personal email for the first time on here.
Hey.... Its not one of you bu**ers on here trying to gain access to that £2.46 I have in my bank savings account is it.
Same here, you can expect one offering you beautiful Russian brides!  ;) 
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Dayjo

« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
Is that you in the funny hat Dayjo ;D
Nice models though!

Yes. That's me, C-C!

That funny hat, is my best friend. Especially, during the winter.......  ;)
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Emmy

« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »
Thank you for the welcome.At the moment I am just watching and biding my time.Then I might pounce!! Beware.

fortyone

« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
.. having said that the phone is rarely plugged in...
Without a doubt this is almost the cheapest and most certain way to avoid cold callers.

It's easy enough to check caller id and ignore or pick up and hang up but my annoyance was going to the phone to check or finding the answering machine full of Green Deal automated calls.

I did have a cheap number blocker but the Green Dealers made that useless by using apparently randon and constantly changing spoofed caller ids.

fortyone

« Reply #23 on: Jun 16, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
I am new to this forum. What complicated lives some of you lead.I have never received a nuisance call or a dodgy email.Should I feel deprived?
Welcome.

Cold callers just use random number diallers so you must have been very lucky.
Most emails get spammed but if your email provider has a decent spam blocking mechanism you probably won't see them. It's very rare for me to get any spam at all in my inbox.

Yellowbird

« Reply #24 on: Jun 17, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »
I must say using this Sky phone shield has reformed my phone, no bad calls for two days, not one. The only thing I had to do was to ask Sky to activate it and then put the callers numbers in that I was OK to receive and that was it, best of all as I have Sky it was completely free. I understand BT do a similar scheme. I noticed new person Emmy said she had no nuisance call. Lucky her
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Dickie

« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2017, 08:12:27 AM »
I get at least three phone calls a day from companies who want to sell me something so I don't answer the phone unless I see the caller ID . When I've told the people I belong to TPS they don't know what I'm talking about but my biggest nuisance is I get at least twenty spam e mails a day grrrrrrrrr drives me spotty xxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me