Author Topic: mouth watering foods  (Read 694 times)

Coastal

Re: mouth watering foods
« Reply #15 on: Jun 19, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »
Can't beat a nice pie, but it's not easy trying to find one where the major ingredient isn't air, if they put it in the ingredients it would usually come first.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Traveller

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
You're quite right there.  The worst ones I found were from Morrisons.  The pastry was nice but what little there was of the filling was pretty awful.   I have found a couple of independent butchers who produce top quality pies.  Unfortunately they're not local to me, but when I'm in the vacinity, I drop in for a few pies.

Other times, we make a batch of pies at home and freeze them.    Steak & kidney,  Steak & Ale, Chicken & ham etc..  For the meat, I use "plate" which I slow cook for a couple of hours till it's falling apart.   Yummy.
You'll have had your tea.

Coastal

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:27:05 AM »
The only place I know to get nice pies is my favourite pub (now a 110 mile round trip) where they are made onsite and you get a slice, I've never seen so much filling.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Dickie

« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »
The nicest steak and kidney pie I've ever had was a stupid tiny little cheap Birds Eye and it was yummy . I'm so fussy about meat and all the others I've tried had gristle in YUCKKKKKKK and no good making my own because my pastry would fail badly
The BEST Carrott cake is Morrisons and I have cream and raspberries with it and oh wowwwwwwww my end neighbour gets me one a fortnight yummyyyyyy xxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
Quite like Pukka pies...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »
I rarely cook, but I can make a tasty steak & kidney pie.  My mum's was one of my favourites as a kid, she was a great cook and baker.  I actually paid attention when she told me how to make them.

I cook the meat till its really tender, but don't bother making puff pastry. Like my mum, I think the ready made is just as good. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Dickie

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »
Quite like Pukka pies...

Yuckkkkkkk Zoony I tried Pukka last week but the steak was all gristle and I didn't even find any kidney boo hoo . Maybe just unlucky yeahhhhh xxxxx

GrannyMac if I do steak I cook it for hours and hours in Oxo and Bisto so I might try again but buy the pastry . Oh blimey I feel hungry now xxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me