Author Topic: Grenfell cover up..  (Read 4648 times)

Scrumpy

Grenfell cover up..
« on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »
  I did post this on another thread but am re posting in separate topic.

I think the investigation will take years.
The buck will get passed on to many individuals.. It will start at the top and end up with the blame being
laid at the feet of good old Albert Brown who is some poor old sod that has worked in the Council Planning Department for years.
He is coming up for retirement and looking forward to tending his roses with his dear wife Mabel.
He will be asked politely to take early retirement. They will bake him a cake and present him with a teasmade.

Meanwhile.. Them at the top will quietly go on their way with golden handshakes into more powerful jobs.

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Phil

Re: Grenfell cover up..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:14:08 PM »
I did post this on another thread but am re posting in separate topic.

I think the investigation will take years.
The buck will get passed on to many individuals.. It will start at the top and end up with the blame being
laid at the feet of good old Albert Brown who is some poor old sod that has worked in the Council Planning Department for years.
He is coming up for retirement and looking forward to tending his roses with his dear wife Mabel.
He will be asked politely to take early retirement. They will bake him a cake and present him with a teasmade.

Meanwhile.. Them at the top will quietly go on their way with golden handshakes into more powerful jobs.

The only thing that stops your post from being funny is that it's true.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »

Damn right it's true. Papers will go missing ..Lies will be told.. and all they will say is

'LESSONS HAVE BEEN LEARNED'
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Phil

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »

Damn right it's true. Papers will go missing ..Lies will be told.. and all they will say is

'LESSONS HAVE BEEN LEARNED'

David Lammy's asking the PM to ensure that all documentation is kept secure & I agree with him on this one.

But I hope they don't concentrate on the cladding to the exclusion of all else.

The cladding was only a factor after it had been exposed to extreme heat.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »

I think the problem with these sort of things is the building was constructed in the mid 70's and various people may have done maintenance work etc and it may be difficult to point the blame towards any 1 person.
The people who constructed the building may now all be retired and may even be difficult to trace.
Another point. We had periodic inspections in the building I worked in and often reports said parts of the building does not comply with today's regulations.
We spoke to the inspector and asked if there was any danger but often they said just bring it up to standard the next time we had work done relating to the imperfections.
That said parts of the building dated back to the mid 50's.

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »
The biggest culprits are various politicians, who have been constantly warned for around five years about possible dangers and told the regulations needed overhaul, but despite promising countless reviews, have done sod all, these are  same greedy incompetent b*******s who thought they deserved a 10% pay increase a short while back, while the people like the nurses etc who have had to work their nuts off  saving and caring for the victims, have seen their incomes fall.

Phil

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2017, 01:49:32 PM »
I think the problem with these sort of things is the building was constructed in the mid 70's and various people may have done maintenance work etc and it may be difficult to point the blame towards any 1 person.
The people who constructed the building may now all be retired and may even be difficult to trace.
Another point. We had periodic inspections in the building I worked in and often reports said parts of the building does not comply with today's regulations.
We spoke to the inspector and asked if there was any danger but often they said just bring it up to standard the next time we had work done relating to the imperfections.
That said parts of the building dated back to the mid 50's.

I understand what you're saying but the main part of the initial investigation has to centre around the cause.

The speed & spread of the fire could indicate several independent sources of the initial fire.

You can't start an investigation by concentrating on what happened after the stable door was opened.

You first need to know how it was opened, who opened it & why.

MARTIN

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »
Hi Phil >:(
I agree with you. Nobody asks about the guy how told the old woman in the next door flat his fridge was on fire and where is he now, it look like a part of the subject everyone is staying away from.

MARTIN

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Is he an old man did he go back to his flat to try to fight the fire

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »
And what was in that fridge.

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:48:37 PM »
I agree Phil, it's not just one issue that needs investigating. I don't actually believe there will be a cover up, as the management organisation who made the decisions around improvements is made up of different people. Some are tenants, some independents, and some politicians, most likely local councillors.  If it's anything like the housing board I sat on, minutes are already in the public domain.

Here's the board: http://www.kctmo.org.uk/sub/about-us/20/the-board
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Phil

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »
I agree Phil, it's not just one issue that needs investigating. I don't actually believe there will be a cover up, as the management organisation who made the decisions around improvements is made up of different people. Some are tenants, some independents, and some politicians, most likely local councillors.  If it's anything like the housing board I sat on, minutes are already in the public domain.

Here's the board: http://www.kctmo.org.uk/sub/about-us/20/the-board

I've been doing some research into tower block external cladding fires & they all appear to have been started by external means.

Barbecues on balconies is a cause.

Fire in a basement car park is a cause.

Firework display is a cause.

If the cladding was set alight from within the building it begs the question as to how a 700c plus fire could rage for long enough without the woman whose neighbour is alleged to have alerted her noticing, when she said his door had been left open.

ronyork

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Like most investigations will we hear the truth. B.B.Qs on the balcony, I seem to remember many years ago I think a northern town a fire deemed to have been started by a b.b.q on a balcony ,not impossible . even if proved this might have been the cause what official dare suggest this with mob culture on the doorstep.

Phil

« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »
Like most investigations will we hear the truth. B.B.Qs on the balcony, I seem to remember many years ago I think a northern town a fire deemed to have been started by a b.b.q on a balcony ,not impossible . even if proved this might have been the cause what official dare suggest this with mob culture on the doorstep.

There was a cladding fire in France that was proven to be started by a balcony barbecue.

Every single firefighter & fire scientist has described the blaze as unprecedented & hard to explain

prestbury

« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »
The biggest culprits are various politicians, who have been constantly warned for around five years about possible dangers and told the regulations needed overhaul, but despite promising countless reviews, have done sod all, these are  same greedy incompetent b*******s who thought they deserved a 10% pay increase a short while back, while the people like the nurses etc who have had to work their nuts off  saving and caring for the victims, have seen their incomes fall.

I think you will find that the downgrade  of fire safety goes back a little longer than that, in fact to the 'new' Fire Safety Order under a previous government in 2005 which took away inspections and fire certification from the fire authorities and gave us self inspections which although mandatory were rarely checked by the authorities unless there was an issue which came to light.