Author Topic: Grenfell cover up..  (Read 4649 times)

Ashy

Re: Grenfell cover up..
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
Of course when the man said his fridge was on fire, he didn't say what set it on fire, might have been flames up the outside of the building.

john mounsey

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
The authoritie claimed they followed all the correct procedures. This was on the day of the fire,not a peep about it since a  a ha been aid before much buck passing.

Ashy

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »
There comes a time when you are in a hole and had better stop digging, hence the silence.

brian54

« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »

Most likely not to be a factor in this case but I had a vacuum cleaner which caught fire a few years ago. It was way out of guarantee and I was not expecting a replacement but I thought it should have been looked at in case the same happened to other vacuum cleaners like it.
Fortunately I was vacuuming by the front door which was open so I threw it out on to the drive so no damage was done to the house.
The shop I purchased it from had closed so I contacted the manufacturers and they wanted almost as much as a new vacuum cleaner to investigate, I also phoned trading standards and the fire service and they would not investigate.
In the end I just got a new vacuum cleaner but if it was being used in a block of flats the damage could have been serious.

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:29:27 AM »
Many. Years ago I had a suppressor capacitor blow up on an upright vacuum cleaner, it went off with one hell of a bang and a huge spark flew across the room! Never set fire to anything though.

Dickie

« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »
I can't beblieve they had no sprinklers installed . I had the shock of my life hearing 76 died because I thought they said six . Just awful and how on earth can investigators find out the cause xxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Yellowbird

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
I too would like to hear more about the exploding fridge, is this a regular occurrence,  has the person who owned it been interviewed I personally have never heared of such a thing happening with NORMAL usage. Questions must be asked.
Did anyone else hear the discussion, interrogation more like on Mr Gove by Piers Morgan this morning on Good Morning Britain, Morgan's hysterical interview of Mr Gove was a disgrace, allowing Mr Gove no opportunity to reply to his accusations. I was impressed by Mr Goves dignity 
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
In that fire the water would have come out as steam. In general sprinklers are not necessary in private dwellings, but might possibly have saved lives in the public areas. Who knows.

I didn't see the Gove interview but this technique of journalists appals me.

Phil

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »
I too would like to hear more about the exploding fridge, is this a regular occurrence,  has the person who owned it been interviewed I personally have never heared of such a thing happening with NORMAL usage. Questions must be asked.
Did anyone else hear the discussion, interrogation more like on Mr Gove by Piers Morgan this morning on Good Morning Britain, Morgan's hysterical interview of Mr Gove was a disgrace, allowing Mr Gove no opportunity to reply to his accusations. I was impressed by Mr Goves dignity

It's not a regular occurance but there have been some instances of a fridge exploding.

When CFC's were discontinued as a refrigerant gas they were replaced by hydrocarbon based gases.

If these gases leak into the fridge then they can explode with considerable force enough to blow out windows & internal doors but there doesn't seem to be an account of one that's exploded & started a fire in the UK.

Some USA fridges have but they use a hydrogen/ amonia mixture based gas.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the blast from an exploding fridge at 1am would have been heard by many of the residents & yet no one reported hearing an explosion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/6051881/Exploding-fridge-wrecks-womans-house.html

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Ashy

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »

I think I saw this, or. part of it, on Youtube. What Mr Gove should have said, if given the chance, was "Where do you imagine I am going to get 100 vacant, habitable flats from at a moment's notice?". It's going to take some time; I wonder what the media think ought to have happened really.

Grumpyfrog

« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »
I would have thought a "normal" fire would be able to be contained within 1 flat.
Am I wrong?
I have discovered that I am the same age as old people

ronyork

« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Perhaps one should wonder what was cooking at the time of the fire starting, When looking at various kitchens in homes which have perhaps taken back by council/landlords (not just the kitchens) for none payment of rent on the T.V.=== FILTH AND MESS ideal for fires to start. Dare this be suggested.

Ashy

« Reply #27 on: Jun 19, 2017, 08:39:48 PM »
I hope the inquiry will get the facts out reasonably quickly. Some of these public inquiries go on for a very long time then producing the report takes equally long, I hope they establish fairly early on if any urgent action is required, and if so  what. I know what I would like them to decide but in reality we don't have enough ships.

Phil

« Reply #28 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
I would have thought a "normal" fire would be able to be contained within 1 flat.
Am I wrong?

No you're correct.

In my first post about this fire I said that none of it made any sense from a fire containment point of view.

All the media seem obsessed with the cladding being the cause but the cladding had to catch fire in the first place.

No one has yet offered any explanation for, or even mentioned, the fact that in the 6 or 8 minutes it took the first fire crews to arrive, the stairwell was already smoke-logged.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Akbuk

« Reply #29 on: Jun 19, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
Back to the old days then where people just had a cold slab in the pantry. Like all of us, had fridges for years never had one explode or heard of one. If a fridge can cause that type of damage, do we ditch our fridges now? It stinks & anyone with a bit of eighteen pence will smell the BS.
I’m a real he/him.