Author Topic: what a difference paint makes  (Read 629 times)

Alfred

what a difference paint makes
« on: Jun 20, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »

looking at walls in the house that had been previously painted to which over time had yellowed then once weve decided on the new paint what a difference new paint makes to any colour scheme,
again looking at the wooden fences in the garden over time have faded and looking jaded then with a tin of fence life, and a paint brush  again its amazing just how an old fence even a wooden shed can look like new
after a few hours of labour,

for some of us thinking about doing a job takes longer than actually doing it, of course it depends on each persons health and so on,  and also on the weather, again to which the sun spurs us on as it shows up all manner of areas where a tin of paint and a paint brush can reinvigorate and motivate every one of us .
in the past when iv moved a wardrobe in the bedroom the paper on the wall behind it had a  clean almost new look about it ,where as the rest of the room looked faded ,

Q; what motivates you to get out the tin of paint and a paint brush or roller,

GrannyMac

Re: what a difference paint makes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
I usually motivate my OH! I agree Alfred, nice fresh walls and paintwork make the house so much nicer.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2017, 08:42:08 AM »
Q; what motivates you to get out the tin of paint and a paint brush or roller,
NOTHING, I hate painting! We've been going to paint our bedroom since we moved in a year ago, just can't muster the enthusiasm!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
I find it looks just as nice, or better, whether I do it or pay somebody else to do it for me..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Phil

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »
NOTHING, I hate painting! We've been going to paint our bedroom since we moved in a year ago, just can't muster the enthusiasm!

I hate decorating full stop.

Our house hasn't been touched since it was new 3 years ago.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Mondays Child

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
My place was fully painted before I moved in, but its 18 months now I've been here so am going to repaint with the help of my kids. They can do the work while I stand back and annoyingly tell them they've missed a bit. It will look fresh and clean again. Emulsion paint is only cheap so its worth it.

minniemouse

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »
I moved into this house 5 years ago.  It had been freshly painted and still looks like new.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Mondays Child

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
Its my fault it needs repainting as when I have a bad chest and cannot breath I tend to hold onto the wall to get about and end up making mucky paw prints.
Sad isn't it 😕. It would sound so cool if I said I have to decorate every time I held a wild party.😎
I think I'm going to replace the carpet as well as its black with little white flecks which now when I look at it makes me manic depressive, and that sofas got to be changed. It was given to me free when I first moved in from a closing down OAP home and now the base has given up the ghost. There's an Age Concern shop near me that regularly sells second hand sofas.

minniemouse

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
Blimey MC I'm sorry to hear that, is there nothing they can give you?

Mondays Child

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »
Blimey MC I'm sorry to hear that, is there nothing they can give you?

Oh I'm fine minniemouse, its only when I have really bad flare ups that I cling to walls. I've got lot and lots of medication plus a nebulizer machine so when I collect my prescriptions it comes in a big plastic bag. No honestly I'm fine. 😀

minniemouse

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2017, 06:11:13 PM »
Glad to hear it  :)

Phil

« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2017, 12:14:47 AM »
I moved into this house 5 years ago.  It had been freshly painted and still looks like new.

The animals dirty the paintwork so I just clean it but with it being emulsion paint it rubs off in places, down to the plaster.

My swivel chair has also put black marks on the wall where it catches but if I paint the wall it'll only get marked again.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Dickie

« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 2017, 12:21:45 AM »
I can't clean my skirting boards now because of my spine and oh blimey I wished I could have a carpet man come in but they said I'd have to go out for the day and I'm not well enough for that plus I can't manage Trixie in the car nowdays . I bought two types of electric carpet shampoowers but they just don't work well enough xxxxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me