Author Topic: Chief Executive Of Kensington Council Resigns  (Read 290 times)

StephenM123

Chief Executive Of Kensington Council Resigns
« on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
I see that he has now resigned following the Grenfell Tower disaster:-   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40362317

However I wonder did he decide to resign or was he pushed? I always get concerned when chief executives in the public sector (councils, health trusts, etc.) resign. Whenever I resigned a job I only ever got paid up to date and yet these people walk away with two or three years salary. If he was pushed then he could be due compensation but that begs the question "Should he have been sacked without compensation"?

Dickie

Re: Chief Executive Of Kensington Council Resigns
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »
I see that he has now resigned following the Grenfell Tower disaster:- http://www.thecomet.net/news/court-results-from-the-north-herts-area-1-4847715

However I wonder did he decide to resign or was he pushed? I always get concerned when chief executives in the public sector (councils, health trusts, etc.) resign. Whenever I resigned a job I only ever got paid up to date and yet these people walk away with two or three years salary. If he was pushed then he could be due compensation but that begs the question "Should he have been sacked without compensation"?

Stephen it is obvious he was pushed BIG TIME . He probably felt guilty anyway but then everyone was after him so much for failing to keep the flats safe kind of thingie . Until the fire this building would have gone on and on and on.
They picked him to be the fall guy because anyone who had anything to do with those flats had to take the blame . Thoseeeeeeee poor poor people whose building failed so badly but immediately it was obvious someone had to say this is my fault . 

It makes me sooooooo sick hearing these official educated people saying it's so and so fault and oh god I'm so angry with it all . Stop pushing the blame and take some yourself in fact I'm not watching anymore now xxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »
It opens a wider question about procedures to be followed after a disaster that could involve a large number of homeless people and attendant risks such as the spread of disease, Whose responsibility is it to make plans and whose to implement them. Some of these things are laid down and I understand come under the GLA/Mayor in London, but in this case nobody seems to have twigged that the procedures needed to be invoked, or if they were, nobody carried them out. This is another aspect the public inquiry might well look into.

I think they should bring back councils with smaller areas and the Town Clerks.

peterpensioner

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
Come on you know the rules - out of this job with a few years salary as compensation - straight into a "consultancy" job with another Council. Don't worry - they look after their own !!!

peterpensioner

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »
such as the spread of disease

Just because you are poor doesn't mean you are riddled with disease - thats a very Victorian attitude.

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
I think the spread of disease is entirely possibly following a disaster.

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2017, 02:52:20 PM »
Easily handled. Clean drinking water and soap. 'S not rocket science.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »
The question is though, whose responsibility is it to secure supplies of clean water and other requisites for displaced or disconnected people after a disaster? Was there a procedure in place in this case, and who should have done what. I agree that the council did nothing or very little but was it actually in their remit?