Author Topic: Theresa May  (Read 985 times)

MARTIN

Theresa May
« on: Jun 22, 2017, 08:21:32 PM »
Way back when the election for a new Prime Minister which included Blair I contacted Theresa May to stand for Prime Minister she said no it was too early, now she must feel the time is right. I don’t think she would have gone to made war with the Arab countries and we would not have the immigrant problems we you have today and Britain would not be splitting with EN. How she can correct that big mistake I do not know. 

zoony

Re: Theresa May
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »
Not a mistake for the majority who live, vote and belong in this Country Martin. Which, I believe, does not include you.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Dickie

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2017, 09:07:36 PM »
Not a mistake for the majority who live, vote and belong in this Country Martin. Which, I believe, does not include you.

Zoony you know I'd love to be at least slightly educated but even to me it seems this last few years there are so many complications regarding government stuff but In one way I wished I'd stayed how I was which was totally ignorant on what are actually really important matters . She is our prime minister and yet everything I listen to they seem to say she is letting us down . Bring me up to date zoony oleaseeeeeeee and are things going to be ok with this brexit etc etc . Maybe my post to you sounds ridiculous but I just want to know if everything is ok for us all . It's because I worry about my michael so are things ok pleaseeeee xxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »
Nobody knows the future bea. It's not in our hands so worrying about it is silly. If I were you, I'd go back to knowing nothing..It makes no difference to the world if you care or you don't and you'll be much happier if you ignore it all and play with Trixie. Bo**ocks to politics and politicians everywhere.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
well martin, your beloved Teresa voted for every conflict, whereas, the hated corbyn voted against.?

Dickie

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
Nobody knows the future bea. It's not in our hands so worrying about it is silly. If I were you, I'd go back to knowing nothing..It makes no difference to the world if you care or you don't and you'll be much happier if you ignore it all and play with Trixie. Bo**ocks to politics and politicians everywhere.

Oh my godddddd how come you settle me down every single time I'm worried sick about anything . Blooming heck zoony what the hell did I do before you . Don't laugh at this I beg you because it's actually true and bless your heart . I'm truly going to stop worrying about anything at all xxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

StephenM123

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2017, 11:14:06 AM »
I started to go off May after she started doing U-turns with a vengeance and then called a totally unnecessary election which she ran very badly. Yesterday's speech about EU migrants living in this country was to my understanding David Davies' opening gambit for next Monday. She does seem an opportunist and not a very good one at that!

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2017, 12:13:51 PM »
I started to go off May after she started doing U-turns with a vengeance and then called a totally unnecessary election which she ran very badly. Yesterday's speech about EU migrants living in this country was to my understanding David Davies' opening gambit for next Monday. She does seem an opportunist and not a very good one at that!
I take a somewhat different line on May.

I think she is a woman who wants to get problems sorted out, and she called the election as the basis for doing just that.
I think she's a Brexiteer at heart - that she put herself forward as a Remainer was understandable, but based on the belief that Remain would win, and she'd a very good job in Cabinet to protect, so why hack the boss off (that'd be David Cameron) by saying you're a Brexiteer when everyone was saying Remain would win.
The election call was understandable too.  The whole country was fooled into believing there'd be a Tory Landslide, so between 5 and 10 in a hundred voters thought they could have free ride and have a protest vote, for WFA, Triple-Lock and a whole basket to things.  It was an odd election that was perverted by the mainstream broadcast media.
Some may claim she's made some errors, but I don't think so.  She had a manifesto that candidly addressed many of the nations problem and people didn't like the medicine, but above all she's been very, very, unlucky.

Basically, I think she's a very, very, good person who has all the right inclinations.  It is just unfortunate for her that the broadcast media are running a very successful anti-brexit campaign, so they latch on to everything as though the she and her government are incompetent.  The BBC's view is that government from Brussels is best, and it matters little if there's a left-wing bunch of incompetents in government here, because all the big decisions are taken in Brussels anyway. 

She and the government have just been plagued by some very unpredictable circumstances.

Pats

« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
Agree with your post Bazzer and good to see some 'understanding' amidst the ranting

As for 'U turns' - what is wrong with anybody changing their perspective on things
Its a good thing to do, people that are stuck in a thought process with no room
for another perspective - are of no use

katkin11

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »
she has a magic money tree from which she can pluck over a billion pound for ireland

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2017, 09:54:06 AM »
Peanuts compared to what we'll save from EU contributions ;D
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »
May is deluded.  There is no way the DUP would have voted in any way which might let in a Labour government so far to the right are they, let alone a Corbyn led Labour government.  So she has just taken yours and my taxes to pay them for what they would have done anyway.  This will add to her delusions that she has a majority government.  Which will add to her delusions that she has a mandate for her type of Brexit. 

Others, even in her own party, have called for cross party Brexit negotiation but the belief the Tories were born to rule seems to be so strong with her that she cannot accept the country didn't agree.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

fortyone

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »
Within the political classes there is a majority for remain. Why not when the EU like the lords provides jobs for failed politicians?

Those suggesting cross party talks are hoping to water down Brexit to the point we may as well be in the EU. It has nothing to do with democracy - quite the opposite in fact.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
It is not a case of watering it down fortyone; you cannot water down something that has not been decided.  It is about not going for an extreme.  Among those who voted remain there was a percentage who were not entirely happy with the EU.  Equally it is likely that among those who voted to leave there was a percentage who could see some good in it.  You must realise how extreme your views are. Extremists are rarely in the majority.  I believe a cross party negotiation might not please extreme leavers or extreme remain voters but would give the majority more of what they want which is a workable relationship with the remaining EU countries.  I think that was the message of the recent election when the electorate said 'no' to May's request for an increased mandate. 
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

fortyone

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your view of a "soft" Brexit that we should remain within the single market and customs union.

Remaining in the customs union precludes making our own trading arrangements with the rest of the world.
Remaining in the single market denies us the right to control our borders and we remain under the jurisdiction of the European Court.

The whole idea of soft and hard Brexit didn't crop up until after the referendum. During the referendum campaign itself both sides made perfectly clear that a leave vote would mean leaving both the single market and the customs union. Indeed what would leaving the EU actually mean if it didn't mean leaving them? Leaving our right to even vote about whatever regulation the EU dreamed up next?

It was made clear that a majority vote for leave would mean leaving and it was made clear what that meant. What is extreme about expecting the government to get on with implementing what was voted for?

If my views are extreme I must move exclusively in extremist circles because the only sentiment I've heard expressed about Brexit by people I've spoken to is the desire for the government to just get on with it.

It seems from this yougov poll that 70% interviewed were extremists although some are worried that the election result may mean a worse outcome - https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/15/majority-favour-pushing-brexit-many-are-tempted-so/