Author Topic: Back again..  (Read 238 times)

Traveller

Back again..
« on: Jun 25, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »
Hi guys, I'm back.  Had a lovely few days in and around Braemar.  It was windy, but otherwise quite nice.  Got a good bit of walking done round the "Queen's drive" - the path  Queen Victoria & John Brown used to travel to visit their gamekeeper in his cottage.  We're not quite as crumbly as we thought because we're getting faster at doing the round trip. 

After many visits to Braemar, we got round to visiting the Castle - the ancestral home of the Farquharson clan.
We chose a good day.  Outside the castle were a few dozen sports cars - Ferrari, Porsche and even a few Ford Mustangs,  It happened that a group of French car enthusiasts were having a round Scotland tour and this was one of their stops.  Because they were using some bits of the castle, we were offered half price tickets, and because they had a load of desserts left over from lunch, we also got free rhubarb & custard ! 

You still can't get radio in Braemar (unless through internet or TV).  Pity, I can do without TV or internet, but I like the radio.  No matter, I went to get away from all the arguing, mud slinging, blame etc..  and plan our next trip.

Braemar camp site, sheep and a few hills.  I'll sort out a few more photos....
You'll have had your tea.

Dickie

Re: Back again..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2017, 05:39:17 PM »
Oh wow welcome homeeeeeee our traveller and lovel pics my darling . You don't like singing awwwwww here I go lahhhhhhh sum doh darrrrr lah lahhhhhhh me singing to you travelorrrrrr hehehehe WELCOME HOME OK
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Scrumpy

Re: Back again..
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »

Looks like the weather was good also...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.