Author Topic: Oh blimey if anyone comes on give my baby a Prayer  (Read 303 times)

Dickie

Oh blimey if anyone comes on give my baby a Prayer
« on: Jun 27, 2017, 02:52:48 AM »
oh god Trixie isn't well and I don't know what to do and I've phoned emergency vets and they said I have to wait and see how she is and oh god she isn't well and if anyone pops in can you say what you think because at the moment I'm just sitting here with her on my lap and I'm sure she isn't well because she doesn't want her chew chew . Just pleaseeeeeeee say a little prayer for my baby girl because she is my whole world and in my heart I know she isn't well I REALLY KNOW IT XXXXX
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Dickie

Re: Oh blimey if anyone comes on give my baby a Prayer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2017, 03:23:16 AM »
I keep forgetting to tell everyone that maddie moo moo has been my rock with everything and oh blimey maddie thanks with all my heart for everything you do for meeeeeee and the baby and bloody hell madds you are so so lovely xxxxxxxxxxxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

Yellowbird

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2017, 06:19:37 AM »
Hi Bea try not to worry praps the heat has got to her X
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
Hi Bea..Listen love...You've said nothing about what ails Trixie...If she's just 'off her chews', it could be absolutely anything. I assume the emergency vet has said that they will see her? That's the first thing. First, the diagnosis, then the treatment, then the recovery. The worst thing you can do is cry and fret..that will just make her more frightened. You need to be calm for her, darling..Time enough to worry when there's something concrete to worry about. She's a healthy, happy little dog and if she's not well, that's all it is until it's something else. Be patient, positive and stay calm.
Keep us informed, please love..xx
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Dickie

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
Hi Bea..Listen love...You've said nothing about what ails Trixie...If she's just 'off her chews', it could be absolutely anything. I assume the emergency vet has said that they will see her? That's the first thing. First, the diagnosis, then the treatment, then the recovery. The worst thing you can do is cry and fret..that will just make her more frightened. You need to be calm for her, darling..Time enough to worry when there's something concrete to worry about. She's a healthy, happy little dog and if she's not well, that's all it is until it's something else. Be patient, positive and stay calm.
Keep us informed, please love..xx

Oh my god zoony I just phoned you and you were so fabulous to me and I told you the baby had heat stroke and you explained it to me and thank you so so much PLUS thanks to scrumpy too and my god I had no idea doggies could get heat stroke but she had it . I told maddie yesterday she isn't well but maddie thought I was worrying to much but love her heart anyway and now we are back home from the vets and she is a little bit weak but she is ok and love you all so much . ZOONY YOU STILL MY BIG BRUVVA thank god cos you always make me a bit normal and scrumps made me go outside for a walkie with the baby at night when it's cooler and maddie is a good good kid too with her doggie and baldy bum parrot . OMG I'm so lucky to have you all plus yellow tweetie you are lovely too THANK YOU EVERYBODY SO SO SO DAM MUCH for stikcing by meeeeeeee xxxxxxxxx

Phil

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »

Oh my god zoony I just phoned you and you were so fabulous to me and I told you the baby had heat stroke and you explained it to me and thank you so so much PLUS thanks to scrumpy too and my god I had no idea doggies could get heat stroke but she had it . I told maddie yesterday she isn't well but maddie thought I was worrying to much but love her heart anyway and now we are back home from the vets and she is a little bit weak but she is ok and love you all so much . ZOONY YOU STILL MY BIG BRUVVA thank god cos you always make me a bit normal and scrumps made me go outside for a walkie with the baby at night when it's cooler and maddie is a good good kid too with her doggie and baldy bum parrot . OMG I'm so lucky to have you all plus yellow tweetie you are lovely too THANK YOU EVERYBODY SO SO SO DAM MUCH for stikcing by meeeeeeee xxxxxxxxx

Dogs are more likely to suffer heat stroke than most other animals.

Anyway she's ok now & the hot spell is over so that's all that matters.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
Bea I'm so glad Trixie is on the mend

stellamaris

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »
I know exactly how you feel Dickie.  It happened to me [or rather, my Skye Terrier] many years ago. It was a Sunday night about 11.00 pm and I went through all the blind panic, calling the emergency vet, wait and see etc.  It was a pitiful sight to see, she was squashing herself into a corner under the kitchen table, trembling and whining.  And I was aware of heat stroke and had watched her all day in the garden where she had stayed in deep shade.  So it was obviously the temperature and not just the sun.  Anyway she was fine at 8.00 am the next morning at the vets'. But the poor thing also had to have her anal glands cleaned as well.  A yukky, yukky job but someone's gotta do it.  And in my view that is always the vet ;D ;D
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
Many years ago a school friend of mine had a cat that got heatstroke one summer, they took it to the vet and they put the cat in the fridge for a time, about an hour I think. Obviously don't try this at home.