Author Topic: house & building insurance premiums, ??  (Read 482 times)

Alfred

house & building insurance premiums, ??
« on: Jun 28, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »

Sadly with recent events and with many safety checks being undertaken on tower blocks  i can assume rightly or wrongly that  the people with house insurances will eventually having to  underwrite,the premiums which will have to be paid to recompense people sadly in need of  refurbishment and re housing, as i cant see the government footing the bill. more likely passing it onto us once again to cover the cost , one way or other, 

very much similar to uninsured car drivers who cause other drivers problems having to get their cars repaired through reckless and thoughtless morons driving on the roads without insurance and we pick up the tab,............as usual, as insurance companies pass the cost onto us .
what would happen if we all did the same ????????

Q; what thoughts do you have regarding building insurance in general, 

peterpensioner

Re: house & building insurance premiums, ??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »
Just renewed our house insurance. Was with Axa last year - did the normal cost comparison - British Gas came out the cheapest so rang Axa to see if they could match the price - they couldn't so told them I was leaving. Took out policy with British Gas, got the documentation through and who is providing the cover - you've got it - Axa !!

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »
Renewal for house contents and buildings quote came today. £104..Seems reasonable..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

firenze

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
It does Zoony my last year was £123...for buildings/contents.  A two bed ensuite modern build.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
I occasionally get silly quotes because I live in an older house (c 1830).  I point out to them that since it's still standing and  in good shape after almost 200 years, it must be pretty sound - unlike some modern boxes.

The real problem is that the re-build cost would be far higher than the house's value.  It's made from local stone with a Scottish (or possibly Welsh) slate roof and still retains a number of original and late Victorian features.  Finding skilled workmen to repair it would be expensive.
You'll have had your tea.

David G

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
One bed flat on a block policy, buildings only £199.75.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.