Author Topic: Nudists  (Read 2700 times)

Sheila

Re: Nudists
« Reply #30 on: Jul 03, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
We've stayed at The Heritage Village a couple of times and visited Colva then. 

I think we have been to Goa about twelve times and have had enough now.  The flight back to Manchester is horrendous, leaving Goa at about 4.00 in the morning and it spoils the end of the holiday.

If I can get my insurance sorted out I think we will go back to Cuba in February.  I am on the wrong side of 70 now with a lung problem so the £££s rack up on the insurance.  If anyone else has the same problem, I found that Fish Insurance gives the best deal.

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Jul 03, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
yes we are losing a fair few of the regulars, the visa cost is going up again so that will lose a few more
i too am the wrong side of seventy, and had a third of my lung removed three years ago due to lung cancer. but i never missed my trip to india, at that point i was living in southern India in Tamil Nadu, but we went to Goa for a ten day holiday, and i fell in love with Goa again so returned there every year since, a good friend got me a great deal, so i'm sorted...lol... i know im naughty but i dont pay the insurance robbers, medical costs in india are minimal and if i felt ill i would simply get on the plane home...lol.. i know you wont agree with that but its suits my needs, i am under three consultant for different things and get everything done during the summer, all my doctors are quite happy with my state of health and plan to follow my lead in the future... i hope you enjoy Cuba Sheila, take care of you and yours...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #32 on: Jul 03, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
We were in Cavelossim in February crabbyob.  Where do you go?

Is Goa a popular destination for nudists?
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Sheila

« Reply #33 on: Jul 03, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »
Absolutely not.  It would be very disrespectful to the lovely locals.

minniemouse

« Reply #34 on: Jul 03, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
I am mulling over whether to go in January/February but its the Insurance and long haul flight that's putting me off.  The problem with Insurance Companies is they want yes and no answers and it's not always that simple. I'll try Fish next time I need a quote.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Sheila

« Reply #35 on: Jul 03, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
I like to get my lungs out of England in February and am very well when I am in warm, unpolluted air near the sea.
There seem to be fewer and fewer places that are reasonably safe now.  The Gambia has no time difference and is a fairly short flight but the hassle there spoils it.  I wouldn't dream of going out of the hotel in Gambia by myself but feel perfectly safe in Goa.
Mexico is high risk according to the insurance company.  I enjoyed Sri Lanka and Thailand but the long journeys are putting me off now.

minniemouse

« Reply #36 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
Sheila, what about Malta, Lanzarote, or Gilbraltor.

minniemouse

« Reply #37 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »
yes we are losing a fair few of the regulars, the visa cost is going up again so that will lose a few more
i too am the wrong side of seventy, and had a third of my lung removed three years ago due to lung cancer. but i never missed my trip to india, at that point i was living in southern India in Tamil Nadu, but we went to Goa for a ten day holiday, and i fell in love with Goa again so returned there every year since, a good friend got me a great deal, so i'm sorted...lol... i know im naughty but i dont pay the insurance robbers, medical costs in india are minimal and if i felt ill i would simply get on the plane home...lol.. i know you wont agree with that but its suits my needs, i am under three consultant for different things and get everything done during the summer, all my doctors are quite happy with my state of health and plan to follow my lead in the future... i hope you enjoy Cuba Sheila, take care of you and yours...
Glad you're okay now.  You were lucky to survive lung cancer. Was it due to smoking?

crabbyob

« Reply #38 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
in north goa in the late sixties into the seventies, there was a lot of nudity, but nowadays even topless is against the law.... my cheapest return flight to India was £278 around five years ago, this year i have paid £378 for a nine hour flight from Heathrow to Mumbai then the one hour flight down to Goa, but you also have to get a visa, the cost of which keeps going up... the visa place is in Smethwick Minnie...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

crabbyob

« Reply #39 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »
thanks minnie, yes i smoked like a chimney, but my surgeon is quite happy with me, no movement since the op...i had stopped ten years when diagnosed...lol.. but touch wood clear now... again thanks for asking

minniemouse

« Reply #40 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »
A well known holiday company is offering 2 weeks all inclusive with a 3rd week free, no supplement for single travellers from £829! its near Baga Beach. I have to settle a query about my health first before I decide.

crabbyob

« Reply #41 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:50:25 PM »
only two points minnie... Baga beach is very lively very crowded lots of domestic tourists still coming to see the naked hippies of the seventies...lol... but really very noisy... plus all inclusive is a waste of money as the food in Goa is fabulous and cheap, as is the booze, a bottle of brandy can be less than four quid... the port wine i drink is under £2 and is quite potent... i am further south in the much quieter south Goa, i am ten minutes walk from the wonderfull Betalbatim beach, check it out in Google earth why only come for three weeks...lol.. why not three months...lol.. i actually save money by coming to Goa... if its possible to PM me then do so and i will give more details...

minniemouse

« Reply #42 on: Jul 03, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
Thank you for the info.  There are a few ifs and buts I have to sort out before I decide to go.  Not least my travelling companions' say so. (I'm not outgoing enough to travel alone). I'll put it on the back burner for now because if we do go, we won't be booking up until nearer the time.

crabbyob

« Reply #43 on: Jul 03, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »
i get it... because i told you no nudity your backing out ..ROFL
there are quite a few ladies go there alone, your only alone at first then you meet the ex-pats
if you and your fellow traveller decide to go i think the south would be better for you
you can lay on the beach and see the dolphins jumping....while it dire here it is wonderful there not too hot until well into march, april it gets out of our range for heat...

Sheila

« Reply #44 on: Jul 03, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
Sheila, what about Malta, Lanzarote, or Gilbraltor.

My husband refuses point blank to go to Spain or the Canaries again.  I haven't been to Malta but will google the weather there in February.