Author Topic: Don't give to beggars.  (Read 10293 times)

brian54

Ashy

Re: Don't give to beggars.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
Quite right it is illegal to beg and it only encourages them.

brian54

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:34:55 PM »
I tell them to get a job and pay in to a pension.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
If they really are raking in early £100 a day I make that nearer to earning £46,000 than £35,000. Not  bad for S.O.A.

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:50:59 PM »
it shouldnt be hard for the plods to check them out, and if they really are doing it as a job, send them to the big house, where they might really have to beg...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
There are genuine homeless people, they can be helped by donating to organisations that support them into getting housing, finding jobs and/or  claiming benefits. The advice for anyone wanting to help the genuinely in need is to donate to Shelter or a local charity.

I won't give to street beggars, but I support our local homeless project in the Cathedral.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

ronyork

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
Pass bye this flotsum on our streets. you/we give to these already , handouts from the state, stop giving and these eyesore,s might remove themselves from our streets,

Johned

« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:27:12 PM »
An ex Met policeman I know, had a word with a "beggar" pestering folk for change on one of the Underground stations.  Turned out he was from a middle class background, lived in St.John's Wood and had three hundred quid in his pocket.  Not typical I am sure.  There used to be a cadaverous looking lad in Peterborough, apparently on his last legs and he would lie on an old sack all day in the city centre with an equally pathetic looking dog at his feet outside one of the bank branches.  Passing him one evening at 5.30 pm, unbelievably. he suddenly sprang, literally, to his feet, clawed up his sack and with the dog in hot pursuit ran like the wind down the street!  These people shame the genuine victims of hardship.

sueboo

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:32:56 PM »
I really try to be sympathetic to the homeless but have to admit, being
an  animal lover I do give food for their dogs as well as a few quid for their owner.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Bee

« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2017, 08:24:10 PM »
When my eldest grandaughter came out of the nightclubs early hours of the morning, there was the same homeless man sitting huddled up in the same shop door way.

My grandaughter would go to the all night cafe and buy him something to eat and a hot drink, sometimes there  would be youngsters surrounding the man and taking the mickey, my grandaughter would barge through them and disperse them.

Personally I think it is so wrong to judge the homeless when you don't know their personal circumstances.
The only way is up....

Bee

« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
People in Ipswich are being urged not to give to beggars,  instead they are being asked to support charities that help the homeless.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2017-07-04/plea-for-people-to-stop-giving-cash-to-beggars/

The only way is up....

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
When my eldest grandaughter came out of the nightclubs early hours of the morning, there was the same homeless man sitting huddled up in the same shop door way.

My grandaughter would go to the all night cafe and buy him something to eat and a hot drink, sometimes there  would be youngsters surrounding the man and taking the mickey, my grandaughter would barge through them and disperse them.

Personally I think it is so wrong to judge the homeless when you don't know their personal circumstances.

Bee..I'm liking your Gdaughter a lot. To be proud of.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

brian54

« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »

I really try to be sympathetic to the homeless but have to admit, being
an  animal lover I do give food for their dogs as well as a few quid for their owner.

Nobody gives food to my dogs.
They have to earn it by guarding the house, coming walks and giving all of the family lots of love.

sueboo

« Reply #13 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
Sometimes Brian dogs have not got such happy lives as yours and I couldn't walk past a beggar with a dog and not give them something to eat\drink.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Bee

« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »

Bee..I'm liking your Gdaughter a lot. To be proud of.

Thankyou zoony, I am proud of her for the caring person she is. :)
The only way is up....