Author Topic: scenic views,  (Read 202 times)

Alfred

scenic views,
« on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:10:16 AM »

when seeing many beautiful places on the t.v screen and even documentaries also show some amazing buildings too,  without doubt seeing  different villages, for example  on the mid summer murder, series,  im sure living in these lovely places in summer seems like paradise, but in a harsh winter much like many coastal places these too  can be the opposite , depending on heavy weather like snow or rain where flooding occurs can be daunting ,for some temporary cut off ,

So my question is ; where else would you like to live assuming you could afford to move ,
places that come to my mind is the lake district, and Devon,............your turn,

sparky

Re: scenic views,
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Alf, when we first moved to the North Cotswolds 30 years ago, it was to a very small village we loved it, my late wife described it as her bit of heaven, but the 2 roads out of the village were both up steep hills so getting out in the winter snow was sometimes nigh impossible. As we got older the need to be closer to amenities forced a move 4 miles away to the small village/town  I live in now that had shops etc.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:52:35 AM »
As I am already in Devon I'm very content thank you. 8)
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
I once thought about moving to Spain, but I'm so glad now that I didn't.   Apart from Spain for the sunshine Alfred, I've never wanted to live anywhere else.   I'm close to Liverpool for city life, Manchester too, then there's North Wales and the rolling Cheshire Plains for great scenery.    This land's the place I love and here I'll stay   ;D  as Gerry says....

Bee

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:05:57 PM »
Having lived in two different countries, home is best for me where I was bred and born. :)
The only way is up....

Coastal

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:13:30 PM »
Quite happy where I am, but if I had a decent win on the lottery or the Premium Bonds (the only way I could afford it) I would probably move near to the coast at either Dorset, Devon or Cornwall.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......