Author Topic: Lets introduce ourselves  (Read 264159 times)

Trevor

Re: Lets introduce ourselves
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2006, 06:33:15 PM »
To Jan H      I totally agree with your comments 100%,I have just had a tax bill from the inland revinue,before Ireached retirement age I did not earn enough to pay tax,now I recieve pension,which I have paid into for 50 years,with money that has already had tax deducted,I have now got to pay income tax AGAIN.Something is wrong here,if I was an immigrant I wouldnt have any of these burdens,it seems to me that we are beeing ripped of by the goverment.Anyway I shall not be paying my tax bill.....they can throw me in jail if they want,I could do with a holiday on the state.

greek god

« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
 ::)Im also a novice,I went on a computer course but by the end of the of 10 week course I'd forgotten what I'd learned in the first place.however I found that the best thing to do is keep plodding along,ask questions,experiment,be daring!

greek god

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »
 ::)Im also a novice,I went on a computer course but by the end of the of 10 week course I'd forgotten what I'd learned in the first place.however I found that the best thing to do is keep plodding along,ask questions,experiment,be daring!

greek god

« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2006, 03:36:28 PM »

Sally

« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2006, 10:22:58 PM »
Sally here.
This could become a first class meeting board for senior citizens. 
I took early retirement at 50 - been doing voluntary work for the last 10 years but my husband has now been diagnosed with a terminal illness.  He is 62.  Life is very difficult - particularly as he has no works pension and his income has now been replaced by state benefits. 
I am feeling very isolated, trapped at home so the computer has become my "window on the world".
Sally

Tudor

« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:53:53 PM »
Chris,

Somebody suggested that a pensioner should stand for election in each constituency to champion our cause.   I read it somewhere on this site but can't find it again.   Providing funds can be found to guarantee lost deposits this isn't a bad idea, especially in marginal constituencies where a few hundred votes can mean the loss of a seat to a Labour candidate.
This idea really has something going for it.  Is this still an active site? The silence out there is deafening.
Tudor   

meggie

« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
In response to tudor I think the "disobedience day" would be an excellent starter (maybe in the hands of Mike Kennedy). The timing would be crucial, maybe just before budget statements. At least Brown would be aware that we are not going to be ignored! Sally seems a little confused, first she says its too late and then that its never too late. Someone needs to start the awareness and I will give any help I can. Can this forum re vitalise the efforts of pensioners. I recently read that a Polish immigrant worker was given child allowance for his children in Poland! There must be millions of pounds being mis allocated!

Tudor

« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »
Meggie,
A "disobedience day", has a nice ring to it.   Count me in when the time comes.   If there was a way to publicise this on a much bigger scale than this little oasis of a site we're on I think there'd be thousands of pensioners waiting for the call.   How about a sign on the back window of our cars giving details of this site and a  slogan - Pensioners Disobedience Day Supporter?"  What about it pensioners?   Has anybody else got any ideas how to spread the word?
Tudor

Tudor

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »
Chris,
Re my last message - If I put a notice in the back window of my car advertising this site to pensioners what web site address could I use.  There seems to be hundreds of Pensioners Forum.co.uk. ?
Tudor

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2006, 05:18:49 PM »
Hi Tudor.

PensionersForum.co.uk (no spaces) in your browser address bar will bring you straight here. Otherwise you will be redirected to a search engine.

Car stickers are a good idea. What other ways are there to advertise this forum. Obviously emailing everyone you know about it. Mentioning it on other forums you visit.  Another excellent way of getting visitors is by getting links on other web sites (by emailing the webmasters).

Any other ideas?

meggie

« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 2006, 11:17:36 AM »
Yes Chris,
A  standard letter could be drafted for all pensioners to send to local papers, local television stations and MP's. Also word of mouth, we all know many pensioners The car sticker is a brilliant mobile idea. Maybe other forum members will have ideas, we are not as stupid and inactive as they think!
Meggie

Tudor

« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2006, 11:30:34 PM »
Hi Chris,
Here's wishing you, the Pensioners Forum team, and all pensioners on this site a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.   Lets make 2007 the year when pensioners fought back.   Give Pensioners Disobedience Day a date, get ourselves some publicity with rear window car stickers and we'll have made a good start.   Just give the idea a chance and see it grow.   Take it from me there's a lot of angry pensioner's out there just waiting for the word to go
Tudor.

meggie

« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »
Thanks tudor, may I endorse his Christmas wishes to all pensioners!
Seems to be a few people wanting to make a contribution to our campaign. Just a thought to spur you on. There is estimated to be over 30,000 OAP's dying of flu and various related cold weather illnesses per year, That will be at least 180,000 deaths until the link to earnings is restored to alleviate the situation. Please try and raise the enthusiasm to help the cause.
meggie

Finn

« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
Can I suggest we agree on (1) what we want; (2) A timetable for achieving our goals; (3) how we achieve those goals.

meggie

« Reply #29 on: Dec 28, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »
Hiya Finn, me again, I agree with all your sentiments.
1. We need a fair financial deal with pensioners treated as human beings.
2. This should happen A.S.A.P
3. I have ideas how this could be implemented but am cautious about us few   being lonely and not having the backing of the majority.