Author Topic: Lets introduce ourselves  (Read 264143 times)

Finn

Re: Lets introduce ourselves
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
I don't know how many of you have read Alex Ferguson's comments about becoming a pensioner, which were reported in today's newspapers. Unfortunately he does not seem to be aware of the system reference allowances, bus passes and even pension payments. I have sent him an e mail correcting his comments, giving him some tongue-in-cheek advice,  invited him to join our forum and lend his voice to a campaign to bring forward the date of implementing the link between pension payments and the average weekly wage. It will be interesting to see if he responds. Perhaps we should all individually send him e mails along the same grounds. Perhaps we should also contact other celebrity pensioners and ask for their support. John Prescott is an obvious one and there will be many others.

Florence

« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »
Hi every one.

I shall becomea pensioner in March so just tuning in to see what its all about!!!

Florence 8)

Sally

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:32:26 PM »
Hi Florence.  Welcome. So you don't actually become one until March?  Well I became one just 2 months ago and I feel no different. Still a rock chick - fancy Robbie Williams (poor Robbie) and feel no different to when I was 21 (well apart from the odd aches and pains which I didn't have when I was 21). Still haven't got the bus pass though as every time I look in the mirror before I go for the photograph, I always think "I might look better tomorrow" and put it off for another day.

Florence

« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »
Sally

thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about still feeling21. The trouble is when I look in the mirror I have to do a double take!!!Is that really me?? Cant be!!!

florence :-\

sandy

« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum,  I have been retired for 2 years
now, and due to a back injury, falling down my stairs, I am thinking of retirement flats for the future.  I dont know anyone living in this type of accommodation, I know service charges can be high, anyone know anything about retirement flats would like to hear your views.
Looks like a good forum!
Sandy............

Florence

« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
Hi Sandy

Dont know any thing about retire ment flats except where do you put all your things??
Welcome to the forum. Please try to e mail 3 friends and tell them about the forum it will create more interest the more members that join in!!

Florence :D

Florence

« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2007, 08:13:58 PM »
hello im fran im a pensioner who has recently moved into sheltered housing
it is like living on a desert island
no comunity room no nothing do you know what its like if so how do you pass time away

Fran

You are obviously computer literate. I would suggest a computer class locally. There are lots on offer. I have been attending one after the other for the last 5 yrs I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Lots of super people of all ages especially the day time ones and lots to learn and explore. Also I am very interested in family History. Very absorbing and again lots of groups and places to meet like minded people. Good luck

Florence

meggie

« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »
Do we presume that this forum is closed?
Why do we let differences of opinions stifle the need to use this forum?
No posts for several weeks yet we all need to air our views.

Majesticmo

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
Hi I have just found your forum.  I am a pensioner made redundant 2005.  Found your comments very interesting.  Will keep looking.  Trying to keep myself busy. Agree with all your comments re tax etc.

sixtyplus.academic

« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2007, 07:08:47 PM »
Dear Everyone

My sister who is eighty years old is very distressed because she read in, I think "The Londoner" that there was a possibility that the Pensioners Freedome Pass was being phased out?

Is this true?

I have checked in the broadsheets and there appears to be nothing about this?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Sixtyplus.academic

Ken

« Reply #40 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:08:15 PM »
 Hi My name is Ken, like to say Hi to everyone

Ken

« Reply #41 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:15:52 PM »
I like the site Chris, i  have just started a Petition on the 10 Downing Street site asking for four free rail passes for Pensions, so that they can visit loved ones and family throughout England and wales, (Scotland already allows free travel)
THE link to the Petition is

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/railfares/

the more that sign it the better
ken

Noonie

« Reply #42 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »
Hiya I'm new to this site what a wonderful idea....yes justice for pensioners ...about time too ...this government's treatment towards OAP's is the most disgusting of all time promises! promises! promises! now I would like to see action from us we need to take them on ....head on...I'm ready...

Ian C

« Reply #43 on: Mar 13, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
Hello all,

My name's Ian and I'm very new to the forum, having joined just  this morning.

I am a 70 year old Scot who has lived in Leeds these past nine years, having come from Dundee.  I am married to Linda, we have 5 children aged between 47 and 29, and 11 grandkids whose ages I can't begin to guess!  And one great-granddaughter who is almost 2.

I am a retired distributor for our local newspaper, by which I mean I had customers in my area to whom I would make delivery via paper-lads and lasses, and then collect payment door to door.  I loved the job, but must confes I was glad to pack it all in some 15 months ago.  No more trudging the estate in wind and rain, keeping a sharp lookout for any suspicious characters as I did so, dodging angry dogs, and so on.

Now living the life of Riley on a bare pension but we manage very well on it, and even manage to take short trips abroad once, sometimes, twice, a year.  My wife successfully came through a breast cancer op just last summer, and I have an enlarged prostate but a cancer check returned negative.  So I am quite happy with my lot.....

I am also a recovered alcoholic, and havent touched booze for almost 24 years through following a 12 Step programme.

I haven't yet had a major prize from the National Lottery, but I have a feeling that will change soon, probably on Saturday......   ;)

Faye

« Reply #44 on: Mar 27, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »
Thank you Chris for the welcome. I am a pensioner, one of the 'grey voters'.  I believe that it is time we were heard, many other sections of society appear to receive help or advice from statutory agencies, we are the 'forgotten generation'
There are many issues I am going to raise during my campaign.  I am however waiting for sponsorship.
I am looking forward to chatting to the great members of our society....THE PENSIONERS!