Author Topic: Lets introduce ourselves  (Read 264177 times)

mick607

Re: Lets introduce ourselves
« Reply #2505 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:30:50 PM »
Hey all, I'm Ama, i'm a freelance financial writer at Tideway pension advisory service. I'd like to contribute to this forum and maybe give some advice about final salary pension transfers.
Welcome. But we already have a pension expert on here named Brian54.  ;D

Raven

« Reply #2506 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ama, or are you Brian in disguise.  ;D  If you're not please don't take offence as none is intended, it's just a massive coincidence.

zoony

« Reply #2507 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »
Ignore 'em Ama for they know not who they mock..('Who' or 'whom'..mm) They're always like this when fresh meat enters the arena.. ::)  BTW..You is a pensioner innit?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #2508 on: Apr 23, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
Mock? MEEEEE. As if. 😇 😇 😇 😇

Holly

« Reply #2509 on: May 23, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »
Hello , I have just found this forum. I have been wearing hearing aids now for a few years. My hearing seems to vary there are days when I don't need to wear hearing aids, there are days when hearing aids are no help. I have NHS aids, I'm over 70 and can't afford to buy so must cope with these. I have a big problem with itchiness which often ends in very runny wax, and blocked aids. Doctors can't seem to offer anything to ease the itching which and say the wax is necessary and natural.  If anyone can offer any advice or guidance I'm listening

Holly

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2510 on: May 23, 2020, 12:52:29 PM »
Holly
Whilst I am sorry to say I can't offer any advice on your hearing problem, please at least let me welcome you to the forum - we are a pretty friendly bunch all in all, and I for one have found the support of folk on here invaluable (I became a widower just over 2 years ago)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #2511 on: May 23, 2020, 01:08:44 PM »
Hello Holly welcome to the forum. Your itching I expect there is no cure, like tinnitus which I have it take time, but you get use to it. I should be wearing hearing aids but I lost one. Didn't like the NHS one's and private are far too pricy for me. Very sorry I cannot be more help. 

mick607

« Reply #2512 on: May 23, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »
Hello , I have just found this forum. I have been wearing hearing aids now for a few years. My hearing seems to vary there are days when I don't need to wear hearing aids, there are days when hearing aids are no help. I have NHS aids, I'm over 70 and can't afford to buy so must cope with these. I have a big problem with itchiness which often ends in very runny wax, and blocked aids. Doctors can't seem to offer anything to ease the itching which and say the wax is necessary and natural.  If anyone can offer any advice or guidance I'm listening

Holly
Hi Holly,I too had itchy ear holes & a couple of years ago was prescribed Canesten which is a cream used very sparingly & is brilliant. Not a permanent cure but brings instant relief to your itching.My doctor did say this problem is usually caused by getting water & soap in your ears when showering etc.

sparky

« Reply #2513 on: May 23, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
Holly, Firstly welcome, I have a pair of NHS aids, and itchiness is often a problem with me, my  doctor will occasionally prescribe a small spray bottle of " OPTIMISE " which after a few days does the trick, but the itch always come back after a time. I have  also at odd times smeared the tiniest drop of olive oil on the aid before inserting it, which sometimes helps.
Even if you could afford bought aids, I have researched this with friends who have gone from NHS aids to private bought, and they assure me they are no better, and private aids will certainly do nothing for the itch,

klondike

« Reply #2514 on: May 23, 2020, 04:46:46 PM »
I don't wear hearing aids but for the last couple of years have had earhole problems. They feel like they are dirty but cleaning them with buds shows that they weren't.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Coffin dodger

« Reply #2515 on: Jun 21, 2020, 05:08:23 AM »
Hi,
I'm Allan. Never been on a forum before so please excuse any errors as I'm very much feeling my way around.
I'm a long retired lorry driver - not missing it a bit.
I've only been here five minutes and already found a solution to my wife's itchy ears. Found my solution ages ago. I stopped wearing them.
DOB 14/9/39

richmond62

« Reply #2516 on: Jun 21, 2020, 08:02:50 AM »
I've never heard of anyone getting Thrush in the ears before.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2517 on: Jun 21, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
Hello Allan. All pensioners here, lots of topics, feel free to join in. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #2518 on: Jun 21, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
Welcome from me too CD :)  Hope you enjoy the forum,

Scrumpy

« Reply #2519 on: Jun 21, 2020, 10:39:31 AM »

Hi Allan.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.