Author Topic: Lets introduce ourselves  (Read 264155 times)

daisey2008

Re: Lets introduce ourselves
« Reply #45 on: Mar 29, 2008, 02:36:36 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome note, Chris. I just signed up a couple of minutes ago. Have replied to Faye about the PPP & signed the petition about free rail passes. I belong to a pensioners' group in Poole & I will ask about publicising this Forum among the group.
Incidentally, I couldn't think of a  good login so I've used my dog's name & year of joining!

akaTheOnion

« Reply #46 on: Apr 22, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »
Hi Chris, Surprised that after this was created nearly two years ago - the word seems slow to spread. But, 'Kudos'   to yourself for at least getting the site organised and available.

At sixty-eight and enjoying retirement enormously, computers have featured in my life since as far back as 1965 ! From the LeoMarconi 326 (biggest in Europe at the time) to the first wee Sinclair ZX80 home computer that I was lent by the 'Knight' himself. It lasted one weekend!
NOT that I'm a programmer - more an experienced 'user'.
Hobbies include - Photography/Videography/PC's/Family History (Glaswegians)/Motoring/Dining out. Lots more - but it's boring, Eh?
Married - 45 years to a really (very) understanding wife! Both ex-pat Scots living in the East Midlands (21 years - reckon we're staying!)

Look forward to giving this site a regular visit and hopefully contributing to the 'mix' for the rest of the 'olds' out there.

BRINOR

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »
thankyou chris. hope to learn from using this forum.

Clem

« Reply #48 on: Jun 18, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »
Hi, new to the forum. So any news and tips?

murdoch

« Reply #49 on: Aug 07, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Hi

I thought I would start a pensioners forum and found this one,
I see we need more members to add more weight so will put a link on my website.
Will have a look at this suggested PPP but I have joined UKIP as I think 99% of our troubles come from the EU.

Grahamesme

« Reply #50 on: Aug 09, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »
Interesting concept, Murdoch. Perhaps you would like to explain to us what you think 'our troubles' are and why you think that 99% of them come from the EU.

Farrarsboy

« Reply #51 on: Sep 16, 2008, 07:56:39 AM »
Good Morning, Chris
Just found your Forum and I applaud your objects and intentions.
Pensioners are a substantial and growing proportion of our community. For this reason alone, we have a voice and it must be heard. It needs to be articulate and to be promoted in the right way. It is all too easy to sideline us.
Will the sharp increase in the RPI better the State Pension next April?
All good wishes - Farrarsboy

Not quite there yet

« Reply #52 on: Oct 07, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
Yes there are others here although technically not quit a pensioner yet .I picked up the link via the BBC and thought the lady from Tuffley needed some support . If there is anything I can do as I work currently in Tuffley would be happy to help just ask .

PAULINE

« Reply #53 on: Oct 09, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
Hi there,My names Pauline,just joined this site.
Im retired ,work part-time,but feel its very unfair that we are taxed.I have worked all my life,but this present goverment does nothing for us pensioners.Its time to stand up & be heard.
comments please,what can we do?
Pauline

Grahamesme

« Reply #54 on: Oct 10, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
Chris- do you think it would be a good idea to advise newcomers to this site to look through the existing posts before they post themselves? There seems to be an element of duplication creeping in, e.g. the last post on this topic.

Gilera

« Reply #55 on: Nov 17, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »
Hi Chris,
As has recently been stated by this government we are all living too long something prudence never considered when he was chancellor he was only interested in the company pension funds then.
Considering the bias the government seems to give when considering single parents,migrants, et al maybe we should consider a Pensioner in Need Day and  bring the plight of many pensioners to public attention.
As has been stated previously you can work all your life take nothing from the state and what do you get at 65,encouragement from Gordon to work longer and save them money.
Only last w/e I read of another Nigerian woman who has arrived here with her 5 kids no income gets and £1million house all the usual benefits plus car all provided by us. I guess the next bill we pick up will be for other family members when they arrive after she tells them how well we look after them here.
Wouldn't it be nice if some of the do gooder brigade in this country stood up for the pensioners but maybe that doesn't attract enough media attention as it does when they are challenging the governement on deporting illegals.

charlie gracie

« Reply #56 on: Nov 18, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
That's a lovely dream Chris,
When you think how  long Children in need has been going, and the amount of money they say has been
collected there shouldn't be any children needing charity.
IT would great if  some SIR Terry Wogan  type  celebrity championed the cause for a "Pensioners in need"
charity night. And pigs might fly. 

George, Billingham

« Reply #57 on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »
Hi,

Earlier this year, Gordon BROWN, when talking about the emissions from cars said "That we should change our cars regularly, to keep up with NEW Technology" surely this means that he is going to increase my Index Linked Pensions by 300% so that I may do so!

I have written to my MP about this - but he has not deemed to reply, either to confirm or deny it!

Has anyone else "picked on this"?

Why not write to your own MP's about this NEW WINDFALL of Gordon BROWN's!

George, Billingham 8)

nursinghomesireland

« Reply #58 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
Hi All

just a quick introduction to say hello from everyone at nusing homes ireland .

Rod Mac kenzie
http://www.nursinghomes.ie

GADZY

« Reply #59 on: Feb 14, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »
Hi All
I have just spent the last few days sifting through this sight and i must say its heart warming to see that so many of us care for one an others welfare and are prepaired to stand up and be counted so keep up the great work and fight for your rights.
"O happy hills! O pleasant shades! O fields beloved in vain! Where once my careless childhood roved. A stranger yet to pain